Stray Pregnant Kitty- Help Please

atborad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a stray that found me yesterday. I'm pretty sure she's pregnant. I've posted her on Los Banos Lost and Found Pets Facebook page and also Pawsboost which puts out notices. She's very thin, friendly, lonely, crying constsntly now (for me?). She's in a large enclosed pen in my living room. I had heh set up in the garage which also worked, but it's 107 degrees. She is twice the size of my dog so I don't know if I want to let her out. Other than extremely underweight, except for the belly, she seems healthy enough. Clear eyes, not covered in fleas, cost is nice. She's breaking my heart. I have no $! I can't take care of kittens, we have a high kill shelter, please help

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for taking her in! Are you willing to foster if resources are provided? You can try contacting the Los Banos Volunteers for Animals on Facebook. They may have some local suggestions. For the time being, also try contacting Furry Friends Rescue and ask for suggestions. If you are willing to foster, they may have a group who will pay her expenses while she is with you until the kittens are old enough to be placed.
Because she is thin, she is highly likely to be undernourished and needs a good quality kitten chow and KMR. Meat without onion or garlic is good. Goat milk is great (the high EFA content makes the lactose digestible for cats and lactose-intolerant people) You can ask your county farm advisor about the local 4-H program to see if any of the kids keep dairy goats & would give you some goat milk (4-H Clubs) if you see ads for cabrito, a source for goat milk there is a strong possibility. Some feedstores will let you put up cards on their bulletin boards & they may have good suggestions. They might even let you ask for cat food donations, including KMR. Nowadays, the people-food banks are beginning to keep pet food banks and it is free to ask! I hope these suggestions are helpful.
Her meowing is likely due to hunger, companionship/assurance or her time is near. you can offer her birthing boxes/base camp. You are right that the heat wave is dangerous for her and any other animal. You can freeze partly filled balloons, peel off the balloon, and put the ice balls in the pets' water. If she (or anyone) gets diarrhea, focus on electrolyte replacement. there is a good recipe at www.kitten-rescue .com, in the What To Feed section.
Please keep us updated on how it is going! I will ask for suggestions on Facebook as well. I am on the Eastern Side but am FB friends with CV political activists - they may have better suggestions than I offer.
Prayers and vibes that you get answers :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

atborad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bless you for taking her in! Are you willing to foster if resources are provided? You can try contacting the Los Banos Volunteers for Animals on Facebook. They may have some local suggestions. For the time being, also try contacting Furry Friends Rescue and ask for suggestions. If you are willing to foster, they may have a group who will pay her expenses while she is with you until the kittens are old enough to be placed.
Because she is thin, she is highly likely to be undernourished and needs a good quality kitten chow and KMR. Meat without onion or garlic is good. Goat milk is great (the high EFA content makes the lactose digestible for cats and lactose-intolerant people) You can ask your county farm advisor about the local 4-H program to see if any of the kids keep dairy goats & would give you some goat milk (4-H Clubs) if you see ads for cabrito, a source for goat milk there is a strong possibility. Some feedstores will let you put up cards on their bulletin boards & they may have good suggestions. They might even let you ask for cat food donations, including KMR. Nowadays, the people-food banks are beginning to keep pet food banks and it is free to ask! I hope these suggestions are helpful.
Her meowing is likely due to hunger, companionship/assurance or her time is near. you can offer her birthing boxes/base camp. You are right that the heat wave is dangerous for her and any other animal. You can freeze partly filled balloons, peel off the balloon, and put the ice balls in the pets' water. If she (or anyone) gets diarrhea, focus on electrolyte replacement. there is a good recipe at www.kitten-rescue .com, in the What To Feed section.
Please keep us updated on how it is going! I will ask for suggestions on Facebook as well. I am on the Eastern Side but am FB friends with CV political activists - they may have better suggestions than I offer.
Prayers and vibes that you get answers :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
She is in very good hands at Los Banos Animal Shelter now. She will be able to have her kittens and will be transported to a rescue probably today. I was really comfortable leaving her there and Kristin was sooo nice. Thank you everyone for the support; I really needed it! I don't know the rules here re making donations, but if it's allowed, Los Banos Animal Shelter is a very small struggling operation with a no kill policy for cats and 80 percent placement rate for dogs. They could use donations. Any amount to help cover vets etc.
Again, thank you everyone.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yess::clap::clap2: Thank you for getting Ms Kitty into a shelter! And thank you for the heads-up on Los Banos Animal Shelter. I have already shared but now can add your recommendation :cheerleader::angel3::thanks::rock: