Stray Kittens!

Courtney27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! a female cat has been going underneath my screen porch for a few weeks now. I have a male cat that enjoys going out on the screen porch and has been hesitant since she has been around. I went out on the screen porch last night and heard mama cat hissing from underneath. I shined a flashlight only to find 3 baby kitties as well! I wanted to capture them all and try to find them homes or somewhere to be fostered, but this morning when I got up to check on them I shined my flashlight through the floor boards and mama kitty and her babies were all gone! I even left some turkey out for her to see if she actually was gone or was just hiding from the rain, but the turkey remained outside for over 10 hours so I think that she left with her babies. Is there any chance you think she will come back with her babies? I am disappointed she ran off with them because I wanted to try and save them all. Any thoughts?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to continue to bait her.

But it may be occassion gone...

Of course with that vary and shy momma everything would be more difficult...

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chances are she’s not far with those babies in tow. I’d keep putting food out around the time she showed up. I’m sure she is hungry and just making the rounds trying to find food. Caring for 3 babies without a home and food is a full time job.
Hope she comes back..let us know please. Since it’s been Wednesday that was your post hopefully you have some good news.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Courtney27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have put food out multiple times in the location she has been but no luck so far
:( I have not seen sight of her or her babies, and there have been a lot of rainy days. I will keep trying though! I am afraid I might have scared her away from under the porch.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She may come back, with the kittens, once she starts weaning them, and they all need food. :crossfingers:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that mom cat probably didn't move them far away. The best time to look for mom cat is when it starts to get dark in the evening. Walk around the neighborhood and maybe you will spot her and see where she goes. She must have a dumpster where she eats or someone is feeding her.