Stray/Feral Cats at a Business

azcarozzi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
While making a stop at towing place I noticed an older kitten by the entrance. I asked about it and they said that the kitty and others hang around there. Shortly, others arrived. The worker said if I wanted to take them I could. Although I wished I could, I don’t have the space or resources to do so. I called and email every place around the city but no one can help. I don’t want to try to take them to shelter out of fear of them being euthanized due to being overcrowded. I’ve been checking up on them every once in while. I’ve been trying to TNR but with winter coming I’m afraid they’ll be in danger. I asked if I could do some shelter for them but was told I couldn’t due to the bosses wanting them out but do not mind the TNR. The issue is I will be moving soon and I’ve been the only one checking up on them. I have no one that could take over the checking up on them after I move. I feel I have exhausted all my options. I am trying the TNR thing but other than that i haven’t been able to find extra way of helping them. Some are skittish. They are very vocal for sure. A few do get close to me. I don’t know what else to do.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. What are all the places you have tried to call around to? Do you have a NextDoor Neighbor web site? If so, you could post about the kittens/cats (even pics if you could get them) to see if there are any volunteers that could foster them. Some of these volunteers also deal/work with rescue centers directly, so they may have some 'inside track' that you don't have. If you are able to connect with any, and you can help financially toward the TNR and food/litter care, that might go a long way too!

An other option, if you haven't done so already is to ask friends/neighbors/family/co-workers who have pets if they could also ask their vets' offices and any other contacts they might have about additional resources.

EDIT: In my area, PetSmart works with individual rescue groups and actually get their cats from those groups/volunteers for their adoption fairs. Other pet stores likely do the same.

Last edited:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I just want to second that given the situation that you are facing, with the number of cats and moving, your best option is to post as much as possible and network. Nextdoor is very effective around here for issues like this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azcarozzi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. What are all the places you have tried to call around to? Do you have a NextDoor Neighbor web site? If so, you could post about the kittens/cats (even pics if you could get them) to see if there are any volunteers that could foster them. Some of these volunteers also deal/work with rescue centers directly, so they may have some 'inside track' that you don't have. If you are able to connect with any, and you can help financially toward the TNR and food/litter care, that might go a long way too!

An other option, if you haven't done so already is to ask friends/neighbors/family/co-workers who have pets if they could also ask their vets' offices and any other contacts they might have about additional resources.

EDIT: In my area, PetSmart works with individual rescue groups and actually get their cats from those groups/volunteers for their adoption fairs. Other pet stores likely do the same.
Hello, thank you for replying. I have contacted rescues like Nina and Serendipity, ShreveportBossier, the Humane Society among others and no luck. I did posted on the NextDoor Neighbors site but I only got reply’s suggesting places to call which I had already done so. I was told that in our area there’s a lack of programs for feral/strays. I was able to trap one with the humane trap I purchased since they is a waiting list to rent one from the shelters. I had it neutered and being released. It’s my first time trapping but TNR seems to be only option to help. I decided to reach out to rescues that are a little farther but I haven’t gotten any response yet.