Stray cats

Stucker516

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are these two sweet stray cats that hangout by my apartment complex, both a year and a half at the oldest and are both very attacked to each (possibly litter mates). They are a little skittish at first, but warmed up to me and our neighbors. They are fed regularly and seem to really like it where they are, and one of my neighbors got them neutered before I moved in. I'm wondering if I should consider posting pictures of them to find them a potential owner? or just continue feeding them and taking care of them as outside cats?

Extra info: me and the other tenants who take care of them both already own cats, so we can't adopt them ourselves.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am in a very similar situation with a TNRed (not by me) adult female who has lived in an apartment complex near my house for about 3 years. A young man has made a very nice bed for her in front of his door and I supply all her food. However, given her size and the fact that she does not eat all the food I provide, I think that others feed her as she hangs out exclusively in the complex. My plan is to get Graycie out of the complex eventually and the young man who has made the shelter is fine with that.

If you want to try to find homes, there are some steps you should follow. Do not just give them to someone who responds to your picture or ad. They are probably safer where they are in that case.

“kittens To Good Homes” – How To Find A Good Forever Home For Your Kittens – TheCatSite Articles

Consider asking for compensation for having taken care of the cats; I would even imply that I had TNRed them. Free to a good home could mean that they will be mistreated, used for bait, or sold for medical research. If you decide to try to find home, you can continue to try to get support here as you do that.

If you leave them where they are, there are a couple of questions. At some point would all the feeders move away? Including you? This is their home and their source of food and that becomes the same as abandonment. Are they safe where they are? Around here, there are large numbers of coyotes and what has protected the cat I mentioned is that she does actually live 100% of the time in the corridors of the apartment building.

Thank you for helping these cats.