Stray Cat

5babiesmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all I have a few questions. My husband and I moved 3 yrs back to a trailer park where we own our home and there was some stray cats that would come around for food and being animal lovers we always provided and have gotten most of the females spayed by now but there is still a few running around. We have names for them all and about 6 months back someone threw out a beautiful long haired cat with her kittens. We never could catch her kittens but she started coming around and wanting loved on. So about 3-4 weeks ago I noticed she was rounded in her tummy area when she is normally a skinny little thing, So I brought her in fixed up a birth box for her and went out and bought a heating pad, milk replacement by PetAg,have clean towels near by ETC. I have no idea how far along she is and was wondering if you all could help or give me a close guess. In the past 3 days she has been going behind our sofa and laying most of the day except for when she comes out to mostly drink. Is this a sign of nesting in cats? She is not aloud outside at all now until she has weaned her babies and gets fixed, we have 5 other cats inside and she doesn't mind them but in the last few days she wants nothing to do with me or my husband when she use to let me touch her belly and pet her

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s hard to say, but cats do get very protective of their babies towards the end.

Is her nest in a room away from your other pets? Mama kitty will want her privacy when the babies come.

Can you post a picture of her?

Thank you for caring for all the strays!