Stray cat with..... interesting behaviors

ScottyK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A few months ago, a stray cat showed up at our door. She was very sweet and affectionate, very energetic. We figured she must be somebody else's cat and I asked around to see if anyone would claim her. No one did so I took her on. She's currently an outside/inside cat. She goes out during the day, gets all her energy out on the farm, then comes home at night and cuddles with me. All was harmonious for a couple weeks, then she started being aggressive and causing trouble. It started out with foot attacks. I'd clap and tell her "no", then she stopped attacking my feet but started getting on the counters and breaking things. I'd shoo her outside thinking she needed to go play, but she'd go back to breaking things when I let her in again. Now, she's starting to scratch at me when I pet her more than three or four times (she was a cuddle bug before and couldn't get enough before). I'm not quite sure what to do. She was a sweetie before and I'm almost ready to stop letting her in the house (of course I'd keep feeding and caring for her). I'd like to give her the right balance of stimulating time outside and a warm place to sleep inside, but if she's going to be destructive and aggressive, that doesn't quite work. Anyone got ideas?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - you might consider taking her to the vet if you haven't, a general wellness check is always a good idea but in this case particularly to see if she's been spayed.