Stray Cat Very Talkative

Hopefulhelper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! There's a stray in my neighborhood that I've been feeding for about a month now. She has a pretty large patch of fur missing and scab on her left shoulder but it appears to be healing alright. She now waits at my patio every morning to be fed and is very talkative, meowing constantly and sitting and looking at me after she's finished eating. I can't take her in because I have a young kitten who still hasn't received all his vaccinations but I'm worried her continued meowing means something is wrong. Not sure what to do! Called the animal shelter but they never came by for her that I saw. Interested in what recommendations others have!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you take her in for now? She clearly is asking for a home. I doubt that the two would infect one another with anything.

How old is she? Can you tell if she is a kitten or perhaps a pregnant mama?

I suggest you take her in and get her spayed and find a home for her if you cannot keep her.

She sounds very friendly and very needy. I hope you can help her!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi H Hopefulhelper and welcome to TCS! By the sound of your username, this girl has landed in the right place. :)
I understand you can't have her near the kitten, but is there somewhere else where you can keep her safe? Even if you provided a cubby hole and bedding on the patio, she could well feel more at home.
Would you be able to take her to the vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hopefulhelper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure I could afford a vet visit! I have already put out a nice tote bin for her so hopefully that will help her out. I live in a studio apartment which is unfortunate because I can't even keep the cats in separate rooms. My coworker told me I can rent a humane trap from animal control and perhaps I could use that to get her to the animal shelter.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, that would be the next thing if keeping her isn't the way to go.
I'm not a lot of help to you as I'm in Australia, but if you can find a good, no-kill shelter in your area, that would be the way to go. Shelters are terrible busy.. maybe the one you called could help if you were prepared to bring her in.