Stray Cat Had Kitties Under Our House

kazrinee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

we have taken in a stray cat, who wandered in to our backyard, we realized she was pregnant and now she gave birth under our house she is accesible but im not quite sure on what's the proper care for a cat momma and her babies! we are trying to give her the best posible car but we cant bring her indoors! PLEASE HELP/ suggestions ETC!!

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, what precious babies! I'm sure she and her kittens would appreciate some sort of nesting box full of softness. Other than that, be sure to feed her the very best food you can manage. Kitten food is great for new mamas, since they need every calorie they can get their paws on! Once the kittens are older, they will need shots, and everyone needs to be spayed or neutered. If all of this is beyond your family's ability to cope with, let us know where you are, and we'll try to find a rescue near you who can help this little family.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than leaving food and water outside the entrance to your crawl space I would not get any closer or disturb her in any way. Momcats can be very wary of people and any intrusion into her space may cause her to move her kittens somewhere less safe.