Stray Cat At My Door

alandersonphd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, there's a young adult stray cat at my door. It's very cold out tonight, and while I feed her and she ate, she (guessing on gender) won't come inside. I've tried everything, but she won't come in. I'm very worried. I put out a cat shelter, food, and water, but it's so cold I'm worried. She's just sitting at my back door crying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alandersonphd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got her just inside, but any attempts to close the door caused her to run back out.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes, go with the treats or food as bigbadbass bigbadbass mentioned and lure her in and leave more food deeper inside the house.
Or get a cat wand and play with her so that she chases it into the house.

If there’s no one else to help you close the door, can you leave a long stick on the ground by the wall near the door? So when kitty comes in, you use the stick and gently close the door without much movements from you so that kitty don’t get freaked out?

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even my cats who were bottle raised inside the house will panic when the door closes behind them. Poor things are just so scared :( I hope that you can get her back inside. You may have to lock her up in a small room with a box for a nest.