Stray adopted me, but what breed he?

HerroBall

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Long story short, this lil guy showed up outside of our house 1 day & obviously is way too cute not to feed, but we figuired he was way too friendly & unique looking to not have an owner. About a week later when i saw him hiding under the car in the pouring rain, i couldn't accept that so i got him neutered and took him in. Been roughly 6 weeks now & he's a blessing lol, he's honestly probably 1 of the smartest/wittiest cats ive ever met, but for sure 1 of the most affectionate & clingiest as he legitimately follows me everywhere around the house and craves attention 24/7. He gets jealous of me showing other cats attention, and his "meowing" sounds way more raspy and squeakier than a normal cat. That being said, id really appreciate opinions on what yall think my boys breed is, i know hes part siamese but im not too knowledgable on breeds and theres not much detailed info i could find online. He white paws like a snowshoe, but not the reverse triangle, & the pads on his paws are almost a purplish-black.. any help is much appreciated, thanks

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Indeed he is a beautiful boy. Thank you for taking him him. You are very kind. Just curious, did you also check for any microchip?

Others here will definitely reply to you about your question. For now, let me congratulate you for having this boy!

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful, please do check for a microchip or see if there is an owner missing him.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The easy part is the formal description. Seal point and white. This especial combo often darkens up even quicker than a regular seal point.
Shorthair, almost surely a domestic. But what look alike?

He has the broad head of a tom. A fertile tom or an recently neutered tom spayed as adult.

You arent clear, you took in him and neutered when kitten, or you did found him as an adult tom, spayed and adopted, and its 6 weeks ago now?
If so, a late spayed tom, just 6 weeks ago, he will still have somewhat broader chins / jowls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HerroBall

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Indeed he is a beautiful boy. Thank you for taking him him. You are very kind. Just curious, did you also check for any microchip?

Others here will definitely reply to you about your question. For now, let me congratulate you for having this boy!
What a cutie pie! His eyes are so gorgeous. And welcome to TCS! :hithere: New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You! – TheCatSite Articles
Agreeing with Maria Bayote Maria Bayote , other people will surely be along soon to help you. Until then, thank you so much for rescuing him!!!
Beautiful, please do check for a microchip or see if there is an owner missing him.
Thank you all for the support/concern. Yea i probably should've mentioned that the day we got him neutered, prior to the surgery, they scanned for a chip and he didn't have one so we went through with the surgery and got him chipped same day.. i thought for sure he'd have one but nope so now he's mine.

HerroBall

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The easy part is the formal description. Seal point and white. This especial combo often darkens up even quicker than a regular seal point.
Shorthair, almost surely a domestic. But what look alike?

He has the broad head of a tom. A fertile tom or an recently neutered tom spayed as adult.

You arent clear, you took in him and neutered when kitten, or you did found him as an adult tom, spayed and adopted, and its 6 weeks ago now?
If so, a late spayed tom, just 6 weeks ago, he will still have somewhat broader chins / jowls.
Thanks, the clinic didnt tell me anything about his age, they were letting people in 5 at a time and handing the pets back quickly over the front counter due to covid so it was a very quick informal appointment. Yes, he was neutered about 6 weeks ago, i had guessed he wasn't more than 2 years old because hes so small and energetic but again, im no expert lol i have no idea how old he is.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's such a handsome fellow! I would describe him as a blue point and white domestic shorthair. From your pictures, he appears to be blue point (gray points) rather than seal point (blackish brown points).

The recessive gene for colorpoint originally came from the Siamese breed about 70 years ago, but at this time it is very widespread in the domestic cat gene pool, and doesn't indicate recent Siamese ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not "mixes" of breeds, unlike dogs. That doesn't make them any less special, however! Domestic shorthairs are wonderful cats, and it's obvious that a very special one has found you :)

HerroBall

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's such a handsome fellow! I would describe him as a blue point and white domestic shorthair. From your pictures, he appears to be blue point (gray points) rather than seal point (blackish brown points).

The recessive gene for colorpoint originally came from the Siamese breed about 70 years ago, but at this time it is very widespread in the domestic cat gene pool, and doesn't indicate recent Siamese ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not "mixes" of breeds, unlike dogs. That doesn't make them any less special, however! Domestic shorthairs are wonderful cats, and it's obvious that a very special one has found you :)

Ok i see, appreciate it. That descripiton definitely seems to be the most similar-looking to him ive found so far. Whatever he is, hes amazing lol and thanks again for the insight.

Attachments