Strange white palyp pimple on edge of cats ear.

norwood451

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has a white bulb on the edge of his ear. It was smaller, but seems to be getting bigger. See photo

I looked all over the internet to see if anyone else has had this issue and only fond one with an out of focus photo, and the answer was I do not know.

I sent the photo to my vet and they refused to look at the phone and said I had to make an appointment to find out if it is something I need to take care of right away, but I am not comfortable going in doing this covid time.

Thank you

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like a tick to me. Does your cat go outside, ticks get bigger when they feed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norwood451

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is a palyp, but I do know know if it is anything to be concerned about. Cat never goes outside.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a palyp, but I do know know if it is anything to be concerned about. Cat never goes outside.
If it's definitely a growth then it is a visit to the vet. Even if it is nothing serious then you'll be able to put your mind at rest.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! I agree that if this looks like a growth, the only way to determine what it is would be to visit the vet. Many skin growths are not harmful, but we can't diagnose it for you here.

Is your vet allowing clients inside? Mine are still not so you might not have to enter the clinic, or you could choose not to if you felt better that way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norwood451

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanx, I guess that going to the vet is an easy, obvious, go to, answer, but I was hoping to see if anyone else has seen this on their cat and what they did to take care of it or if they did not do anything at all. :)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We aren't taking the easy way out to your question. But we aren't veterinarians, and one look is enough for us to know that is not something common that we know about. The only way to know is to take him to a vet, and in these days of Covid, that is not a problem. Most don't let you in the clinic - you call when you get to the clinic with the cat, and they will come out and get him. Then the vet will call you and discuss the situation while the cat is still inside.