Strange scabs on cat ear

Vcsmith

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I just noticed that my cat (2 year, male, indoor) has these scabs on both ears. One is worse, and is outside + inside, and the other is mostly on the outside. I have a hard time keeping him still for pictures so this is all I have. No change in diet of lifestyle, lives indoors and goes on balcony occasionally. Help! Any ideas? Doesn’t seem to be painful although he doesn’t enjoy it being touched, eating playing sleeping regularly.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! I suspect he is scratching at his ears because they itch. It could be from any number of allergy related things - food and/or environment. Even if your cat hasn't had a change in foods recently doesn't mean he can't become allergic to them at any point in time. It could also be from an ingredient change in his food too.

Seasonal changes can cause allergies in some cats. Changes to detergents and other cleaning products may also be the reason for an allergic reaction, as well as other environmental factors like dust, air fresheners, incense, candles, among many other things. See if anything like this might explain it.

You probably ought to have a vet take a look at his ears too, especially if you cannot find a cause on your own.