Stop Jumping On My Shoulder! Stop Sleeping On My Shoulder! Stay Off My Desk!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about I sleep with a cucumber on top of my shoulder??
LOL!!!!
If you sleep with a cucumber on your shoulder you may dream of yummy salad! It will certainly leave less room available for kitty to move in! Lol I had a kitten that wanted to ride up high. A friend gave me a backpack that I wore for kitty to ride in. He loved it. In fact his name became , Backpack. It was more comfortable for me. I just cut the top flap off so kitty had an unobstructed vies and a place to put his head on the back of my shoulder.
In all seriousness, you are a good kitten Mom. I would suggest spay/neuter, worm testing/ treatments ( make sure tapeworm is included) flea treatment and just a general check up. A cat that has gone hungry may eat too fast and the result is vomiting but it could be other things. When I have a had kitten with that issue I made sure that a bowl of dry food stayed out for kitty to graze on. Eventually kitty will understand that the food will continue to show up and not be driven to gorge. Kittens do eat a lot. I wouldn’t worry about being a constant play mate. Do what you can and just make sure toys are available. Even their natural moms get tired of the kittens biting their ears and tail. I find they will learn the word no. They may not always obey but use it anyway. Especially with dangerous stuff like electrical cords. I have taken to covering my cords in thick layers of electrical tape and tucking away as much as possible. I lost a few phone cords before I started this. When all is said and done kitty will calm down. Believe it or not there may be future times when you wish kitty would stop laying around and act a little more kittenish. Just hang on a little while. I am just so glad you saved the kitty. You are great! If you do fasten a cucumber to your shoulder it would make a hilarious picture. Love to see it! I hope today is a calmer one for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also, is your female spayed? You will want to be sure he is neutered as soon as possible, it will help calm him, avoid spraying urine and all the issues that come with intact males.
He was fixed when I bought him; now he has peed on my duvet; of my huge bean bag!
Why would he do that?

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you sleep with a cucumber on your shoulder you may dream of yummy salad! It will certainly leave less room available for kitty to move in! Lol I had a kitten that wanted to ride up high. A friend gave me a backpack that I wore for kitty to ride in. He loved it. In fact his name became , Backpack. It was more comfortable for me. I just cut the top flap off so kitty had an unobstructed vies and a place to put his head on the back of my shoulder.
In all seriousness, you are a good kitten Mom. I would suggest spay/neuter, worm testing/ treatments ( make sure tapeworm is included) flea treatment and just a general check up. A cat that has gone hungry may eat too fast and the result is vomiting but it could be other things. When I have a had kitten with that issue I made sure that a bowl of dry food stayed out for kitty to graze on. Eventually kitty will understand that the food will continue to show up and not be driven to gorge. Kittens do eat a lot. I wouldn’t worry about being a constant play mate. Do what you can and just make sure toys are available. Even their natural moms get tired of the kittens biting their ears and tail. I find they will learn the word no. They may not always obey but use it anyway. Especially with dangerous stuff like electrical cords. I have taken to covering my cords in thick layers of electrical tape and tucking away as much as possible. I lost a few phone cords before I started this. When all is said and done kitty will calm down. Believe it or not there may be future times when you wish kitty would stop laying around and act a little more kittenish. Just hang on a little while. I am just so glad you saved the kitty. You are great! If you do fasten a cucumber to your shoulder it would make a hilarious picture. Love to see it! I hope today is a calmer one for you.
He went back to the no kill cat shelter today. Thank you all for your support and well wishes!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In case you are still wondering, He probably peed on the cover due to a urinary tract infection. Very common and may have needed a round of antibiotics. That might have been his problem all along. You might want to let the shelter know to have him checked for his safety.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He has been on antibiotics for the eclesis virus for a week currently. The shelter had no idea he had fleas, ecleascis virus, ear mites, and worms. She said he looked good, and reluctantly took him inside. The household is so relaxed now. Sassy is enjoyed her one-one time. Her litter box, food bowl, and water bowl without sharing.
My vet is aware, and will be sending the records over to the no kill shelter. I'm taking a break. Ttyl
In case you are still wondering, He probably peed on the cover due to a urinary tract infection. Very common and may have needed a round of antibiotics. That might have been his problem all along. You might want to let the shelter know to have him checked for his safety.