Stay Safe, All of You in the UK and Europe!!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Mia6 Mia6 :redheartpump:

"(…) After storm Ciara raged over Europe last week, Dennis has been predicted to hit Belgium over the weekend.(…)"

What to expect from storm Dennis this weekend

It's 13.23 here in the village of Mice, Belgium; The wind is getting stronger, but I'm preparing for a walk in the nature reserve nearby.
Missy went outside this morning, just long enough to trim her nails. She hates windy weather.

IMG_1417 (2).JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so worried about my Mush ( V verna davies ) as she lives in the area where people are
being evacuated. Please pray and/or send vibes for her, Kiwi, and Buzz.:hugs::grouphug::bawling:💖💝

Last edited:

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in the south west and it's been horrible since yesterday. Currently pouring with rain and the wind is in sharp bursts. I have had to tape down my letter box, or the wind makes it sound like someone is knocking to get in. Super freaky in the early hours of the morning!!!! Or actually even in broad daylight....!

I was hoping to go and see my sister and family later today but given the water which will be on the roads and generally awful driving conditions, have decided to postpone. :(

Anubis--cat seems quite agitated and unsettled. The others seem to be OK. I don't think I will let them out into their run though given the rain.

⛈🌩💨

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the south west and it's been horrible since yesterday. Currently pouring with rain and the wind is in sharp bursts. I have had to tape down my letter box, or the wind makes it sound like someone is knocking to get in. Super freaky in the early hours of the morning!!!! Or actually even in broad daylight....!

I was hoping to go and see my sister and family later today but given the water which will be on the roads and generally awful driving conditions, have decided to postpone. :(

Anubis--cat seems quite agitated and unsettled. The others seem to be OK. I don't think I will let them out into their run though given the rain.

⛈🌩💨
Yes, best to stay off the roads in this type of weather. Poor Anubis, do you have any Valerian to calm him?

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've still got a couple of pet remedy plug ins going from Dari's episode of anxiety. They do make the house smell very strange!

He seems more settled now and is stretched out on the back of the sofa.

:)

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It seems to have almost blown over down here now? It has really brightened up, and the rain has stopped (sporadic showers now). I'm in Somerset.

Quite a lot of flooded fields and roads - drove past a field that looked like a lake. I would hope they moved the livestock in good time!

Still a bit blowy. I think yesterday was worse by far.

How about you? Whereabouts are you?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in Port Talbot, it's quite hilly but there are parts that are very flat and they have had canals and rivers overflowing and flooding the houses. I used to spend a lot of time in your neck of the woods..cycling and walking holidays. Its beautiful area especially the little hamlets like Isle Abbot. It is very flat so I can imagine the fields look like lakes. Like you I hope they kept the livestock safe.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At least we're nowhere near the epic level of floods in 2014.

Raining again now. I let the cats out earlier into their run as it had calmed down but as it's getting dark I better go shut their 'fairy door' at the bottom of the stairs.

Stay safe where you are, Verna, and any other UK bods out there!