Spotting or bleeding?

KylieT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I have a pregnant cat who is at least 60 days pregnant. She has been nesting and clingy for a day and a half and I knew she was getting close to labor. For the past hour she has had some bright red bloody discharge. I added a photo. There is a little more than this now so the fur has blood all around her genital area. (She is napping so I don’t wanna bother her for another pic right now). I am not sure if this is normal spotting or cause for concern. Any ideas? Has anyone seen their pregnant cat bleed like this right before labor?

3C9C3717-33BE-45C3-A21B-A9234ADDB973.jpeg

So many apologies if I break any rules I read them and believe I an complying! I just want to do what is best for this cat. The two normal ER vets here are booked so I would have a long drive to take her to a vet. I want to avoid distressing her like that if this is just a normal part of labor. Thank you so much!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She really should be spotting pinkish discharge. Red blood is always concerning. If it turns heavier she’ll need to see a vet.

Have you seen a mucus plug or any contractions yet? How old is your cat? Is this her first litter?