spot on my cats fur

Jodierb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I very recently discovered this spot on my cats fur, on his back on his left hand side of his body. I phoned the vet up and she took a look and said it could be a wart and to bring him in if it has changed or if his behaviour has changed, which it hasn't.
I have made an appointment tomorrow morning and not sure if I'm wasting my time and money on something that could be nothing?
Has anyone seen something like this?
It feels like a very raised mole. Not sure how long he's had this for either.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I've seen pictures of things like this, and if your Vet said they don't think it's necessary to be seen unless it changes, I would take their word on that UNLESS it's going to worry you so much that you can't get any sleep. Did you send a picture to your Vet? That might save you, and them, some time. Many Vets are looking at pix during this time of Covid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jodierb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes they have seen the picture and were not immediately concerned about it. Only if anything changed, which it hasn't.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Feeby has a couple of warts that look pretty similar to the spot in your pic. Just keep an eye on it for growth and/or other changes - if that occurs send the vet another pic for comparison, highlighting the changes. Hopefully you are not too far off from a vet check up and they can take a closer look to confirm/rule out it being a wart. It was actually my vet that found the warts on Feeby and since he pointed them out (a few years back), they really haven't changed any in size or appearance.