Spooky can’t jump

Spooky & Bootsie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

I just recently took my 1year old cat to the vet as she has not been her self lately. Vet saying that she’s looking healthy, walking ok, and eating fine.

The vet gave her an inflammatory shot and said to monitor her, this was yesterday.

Im reaching out as Spooky is a very active girl and all of a sudden (within one week) I see that she can’t jump on the couch , bed , and when I hold her I can feel like she’s lost weight, her spine is very prominent.

When she does jump, it’s like she’s throwing her self out and landing on her chest, it’s really worrying me as I love her and as her Dad I don’t find that she’s just “ok”.

Please help.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you take her to the Vet BECAUSE of what you just wrote here, or before this happened? I think you need to discuss all of this with your Vet, and if you already did, then maybe you need a 2nd opinion because it seems obvious that something is wrong, particularly since she is losing weight. Did they do bloodwork? What was than inflammatory shot? What was it for?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would certainly agree with mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens on this. And do not be afraid to get a second opinion. Should you do so, I'd suggest going to a completely different practice, so that there is no question of vets who work together not wanting to contradict each other. Just to be safe.