Spayed cat stitches

Catbutler24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I want to know if the stitches on my cat ate healing properly or should I take her to the vet tomorrow morning. She was spayed six days ago. I constantly keep looking at these pictures and her stitches. Write no it's 2 am in my country.
IMG_20210217_010249.jpg
IMG_20210216_221904.jpg
IMG_20210217_010244.jpg

Agirlwholovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi ! I'm not an expert by any means, I myself am worried that my spayed female cat might have an infected incision, but after sending the pictures to the vet she said it's time to take them out, and it's not infected... I was told warning signs including pus oozing out, redness and heat coming from the incision. Have you cleaned the wound? My cat was spayed due to a life-threatening infection. I think your cats incision doesn't look very good, but the second picture looks good to me! Did you apply any cream to it? Is she wearing a cone, is she licking it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catbutler24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. I have not applied any credit to the incision. My vet did not give a cone, saying that it will be extremely uncomfortable for her. He gave antibiotics for 5days which I gave to the cat. She does lick the area around the incision when I am not watching. She is acting normal and also eating properly. She also uses the litter box properly. The first picture is a closer shot of the incision. There appears to be a small gap besides a stich in the lower part of the incision. It looks red which is worrying me. I will send these pics to the vet and will take her to the vet if required.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The second photo looks very good. The extreme closeups make me wonder. If you aren't sure, take her in! And let us know how she is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catbutler24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I will take her to the vet today. Thank you for your concern.

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it looks okay. I remember my cat’s stitches was also like that, with a little gap at the end due to the fold of the skin. As long as it is now wet and oozing with liquid then it will heal nicely. My cat wore a cone because she was trying to rip out the stitches.

Agirlwholovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. I have not applied any credit to the incision. My vet did not give a cone, saying that it will be extremely uncomfortable for her. He gave antibiotics for 5days which I gave to the cat. She does lick the area around the incision when I am not watching. She is acting normal and also eating properly. She also uses the litter box properly. The first picture is a closer shot of the incision. There appears to be a small gap besides a stich in the lower part of the incision. It looks red which is worrying me. I will send these pics to the vet and will take her to the vet if required.
Hum my vet clinic is super professional and they are great, they told me cone or vest AT ALL TIMES, yes it's frustrating and uncomfortable, but needed to prevent stitch pulling. I was told to clean twice a day with saline and dab a little healing cream in there. Mine took antibiotics for 13 days, but that's probably because her uterus was completely infected. Running, jumping around etc may put some stress on the stitches. Today my cat got hers removed, 2 weeks post op. Licking is not good per what I was told, that's why they also told me not to have any other cat around her that could lick the incision - imagine they are licking their butts and then their incision. If she doesn't like the cone, use a vest - you can make your own! Mine also had a gap, that's because she was rejecting one of the stitches. Any updates?