Spayed cat incision, is it open?

Kodi93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I’m very worried for my kitten, she was spayed on Wednesday, September 1st. And I took her for her three day follow up on Saturday and the vet said she/we need to be careful because it’s not healing very well because she’s so active. They gave her a antibiotic shot on Saturday. She’s a very active cat and is having a hard time keeping her cone on. But today, Monday, September 6th, I noticed that it doesn’t look very good. I’m still keeping her cone on and having her stay in my bathroom. She has a great appetite, she’s drinking water, eating. Her demeanor is positive and has no fever but I can’t understand if her incision is healing or if I should return to the vet ASAP. I’m in need of advice one it.😥😣
3FB443E9-6C64-4613-8618-23A48EFE30FA.jpeg
387032DC-1A6B-45FA-98AF-055A09085889.jpeg

I have an appointment to take her back on Saturday but I’m not sure if I should go in earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would take her on in. That does not look good. It doesn't look grossly infected at this point, but I wouldn't risk waiting. Let us know how it goes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kodi93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would take her on in. That does not look good. It doesn't look grossly infected at this point, but I wouldn't risk waiting. Let us know how it goes!
Yeah, I was afraid that it may be infected or that the stitches may have opened up.😔 you’re right, I’d feel so much better going in right away then waiting. Thank you! I sure will.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do know that they use internal as well as external stitches, but that's a bit too open for me to feel good about. I think this may be the first time I've had to advise someone to have it looked at soon. I'm sure they'll be able to fix her up in no time. One of those "soonest seen, soonest mended" situations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kodi93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do know that they use internal as well as external stitches, but that's a bit too open for me to feel good about. I think this may be the first time I've had to advise someone to have it looked at soon. I'm sure they'll be able to fix her up in no time. One of those "soonest seen, soonest mended" situations.
Thank you so much for all your help! I just got finished taking her to the vet and they said the same thing. Glad that I came in now. They’re going to need to restitch her, poor baby. But hopefully her recovery will be better this time. Thank you again!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You are so welcome! I'm so very glad that you found us! Stick around and enjoy the site, now that the crisis is averted! We LOVE new members! You can introduce you and your baby here: New Cats on the Block if you haven't already!

00ThanksCandle.jpeg

It is always SUCH a pleasure to post my "Thank You, Universe" candle!