Spay Incision Sites?

AngelicAura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all -
I've discovered the frustrating fact that there seems to be little images online of how a properly healing spay incision looks, so I feel kind of in the dark right now. I got my two kittens fixed 8 days ago (November 2nd) and just wanted to see if these look okay...? Tuxedo cat looks like there could... possibly be a small opening? But I'm not sure. Looking at images of other opened stitches calmed my nerves a bit because hers did not look like that. The vet did not use stitches that were on the outside. I believe she sealed them with medical glue.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AngelicAura

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yikes, sorry for the bad quality on the last post. Here's the other picture of the one I'm less worried about.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry you haven't gotten any responses yet. I'm no expert on this particular topic, but the 2nd one looks good to me. The first one just looks like it's a little red, but that could just be the photo. Can you send the pic to your Vet and ask them what they think? Is she acting fine, usual energy, eating, drinking? Does it feel warmer than usual to the touch? If everything seems fine, then it's probably just the photo. If she is acting at all unusual though, I'd take her in the be seen.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep I was going to say that the first one looks too red for 8 days afterward for my comfort. If it were 2 days after, yeah, that could be normal, but at 8 days it should look better than that. A lot of vets will accept a picture over email or text, just give them a call and see what they advise.