Spay incision question (picture)

MoNo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm new here and see tons of posts about spay incisions, which I have tried to browse through before porting. I didn't see one that looked like my case, though.
Our vet is closed til Monday, but I do plan on calling them or making the drive to the emergency vet if it starts looking worse.

we are 11 days post op and just recently the area around the incision looks red and the incision seems to have scabbed over. I don't see anything that looks like this when I browse and am curious if this is normal? There's no pus/drainage, the area does not seem to be painful, etc. overall, she acts normal.

We just lost our other cat to an unexpected medical condition so my anxiety is on high alert. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoNo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, not warm from what I can tell.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would keep an eye on it for now. If it starts to have any pus/drainage, foul odor, if she starts acting lethargic, throwing up, or anythingnout of the ordinary for her over the weekend, then I would take her in to the emergency vet clinic.
But for now I recommend keeping a close eye on it and call the vet who spayed her Monday see if you can send them a picture and ask what they recommend?
Also if you are worried you can call the emergency vet clinic see if they can look at the picture if so email it to them and see what they say..

MoNo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would keep an eye on it for now. If it starts to have any pus/drainage, foul odor, if she starts acting lethargic, throwing up, or anythingnout of the ordinary for her over the weekend, then I would take her in to the emergency vet clinic.
But for now I recommend keeping a close eye on it and call the vet who spayed her Monday see if you can send them a picture and ask what they recommend?
Also if you are worried you can call the emergency vet clinic see if they can look at the picture if so email it to them and see what they say..
thank you for the advice! I will keep an eye on it for sure.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're more than welcome.

If you would like you can go here

To introduce yourself and your cat(s) there 😀

MoNo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just a follow up in case someone else comes looking for answers. I took her into the vet and they said they didn't see any signs of infection.