Spay incision open and possibly infected? Emergency?

Agetter17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, new to the site. My cat was spayed a week ago by a vet that came to our house to perform the surgery. I kept her confined for the next 4 days and finally caved and let her out of the room she was in, and she immediately rough housed with our other cat and sprinted all over the place. I got her and put her back in the room but when I looked at her incision the top layer of sutures had been pulled out. The vet said she wasn't overly concerned and wanted to do home care for it instead of having her put back under and restitched. Today the wound looks inflamed and red to me, and I'm just hoping for some second opinions on how serious this may or may not be. I will attach some pictures. Thank you for your consideration!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Agetter17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just adding that she has been on amoxicillin for the past 2 days, and is acting fairly normal for the most part. We have her in a onesie to discourage licking

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my opinion, that incision doesn't look good at all, and needs immediate intervention from the vet.
I wouldn't wait and would take her to your vet, or another vet, and have her restitched and treated as soon as possible.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would take her to a vet immediately. That does not look normal and it looks a little redder then I like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Agetter17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to update, Daisy is doing great! Her incision has closed up and she's on the road to recovery. Thank you for the replies ❤