Spay Incision Infected?

Sharli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On Tuesday evening I emailed a photo of my cat’s incision to the vet. It looked a little bruised to me or like it had weeped a little discharge. After review, I was contacted and told the incision was healing as it should be. This evening when I removed her onesie to look it over, I got worried all over again. Her incision looks red and a little puckered in places. I don’t want to be a pain in the ass by emailing them again, but I just lost another cat in July unexpectedly to urethral obstruction and I’m trying to be vigilant about my other babies. Attached are the incision on Tuesday night versus tonight. Tomorrow marks one week since they were spayed.

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It difficult to tell from a photo but the second one I presume is the latest. It does look swollen and a little red but that can happen after the surgery, has she been licking it a lot? If it is swollen, weeping or smelling it may well be infected. Dont worry about contacting your vet again, you are being a responsible owner and its always best to be sure everything is ok.