SOS need an adopter for my male cat prince

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am trying to find my male old tabby cat a loving replacement home I’m having trouble placing him could someone please point me in the right direction I’m in Washington DC navy yard area

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am sorry you have to re-home an older cat - it usually takes someone who really cares about seeing through what it takes to help a cat in their elder years - with or without illnesses. I hope your buddy is still healthy, as that will help.

Have you contacted local rescue centers and no-kill shelters to see if they can help find at least a foster for him? Some local pet stores also partner with these groups and might be able to help too. If you have Next Door Neighbor web site, you could also ask there. But, whatever you do, do not give him away for free, charge a fee if not handled through a rescue or shelter - and certainly do not arrange for his new home with anyone who you can't verify is a trustworthy, reliable person, as you never know their intent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you have to re-home an older cat - it usually takes someone who really cares about seeing through what it takes to help a cat in their elder years - with or without illnesses. I hope your buddy is still healthy, as that will help.

Have you contacted local rescue centers and no-kill shelters to see if they can help find at least a foster for him? Some local pet stores also partner with these groups and might be able to help too. If you have Next Door Neighbor web site, you could also ask there. But, whatever you do, do not give him away for free, charge a fee if not handled through a rescue or shelter - and certainly do not arrange for his new home with anyone who you can't verify is a trustworthy, reliable person, as you never know their intent.
Yes prince is very healthy although he is not fixed

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I have tried all social media platforms as well as neighbors no luck

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What do you mean
It may be different where you are located, but a lot of folks probably aren't too thrilled with the idea of taking on an intact male - either from the perspective of the cost of neutering him, or the concern over doing so from a medical standpoint at his age. Btw, what is his age?

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It may be different where you are located, but a lot of folks probably aren't too thrilled with the idea of taking on an intact male - either from the perspective of the cost of neutering him, or the concern over doing so from a medical standpoint at his age. Btw, what is his age?
I believe prince is 6, and yes I understand I’m disabled and had surgery he was given to me by a family member while back

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you asked any of the churches? Sometimes, they have volunteers who might be willing (and trustworthy) to help care for Prince until he can be rehomed. They might also be a resource to help get him fixed ( transport, crowdfunding). And hopefully, find a quality home for him. You are a very good person to have taken in Prince despite your own challenges. Like many of the disabled folks in my own life, you "are made of tough stuff" :soldier: :clapcat: :rock:

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you asked any of the churches? Sometimes, they have volunteers who might be willing (and trustworthy) to help care for Prince until he can be rehomed. They might also be a resource to help get him fixed ( transport, crowdfunding). And hopefully, find a quality home for him. You are a very good person to have taken in Prince despite your own challenges. Like many of the disabled folks in my own life, you "are made of tough stuff" :soldier: :clapcat: :rock:
I haven’t looked into that but I definitely will !! Thanks a bunch

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That might also help if you still have the kittens and mama that you posted about before!
Not sure I follow? I still have mama and her kitten which I’ve had nala since she was a tiny little kitten, prince was given to me

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure I follow? I still have mama and her kitten which I’ve had nala since she was a tiny little kitten, prince was given to me
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were trying to re-home the cats you have because of your circumstances. Didn't realize he was the only one you were trying to find another home for. Hoping you can soon find a good home for Prince where he will be loved and cared for!!

Linda Whitfield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were trying to re-home the cats you have because of your circumstances. Didn't realize he was the only one you were trying to find another home for. Hoping you can soon find a good home for Prince where he will be loved and cared for!!
It’s ok , my son takes care of nala and her cub as far as prince goes it’s to much on my son I had accepted that responsibility was just trying to help out my brother but became to much on me and this little fella eats a lot 😂 but great new someone is interested in adopting him they a great people