SOS Feral Cat Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, the contents in the syringe should be warm?
I just want to make sure I'm understanding.
Room temp or just slightly above. Just imagine someone syringing something cold into your body. Or think about how babies are fed warm formula for the same reason. I think you will find that talked about in some of the YouTube videos too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RavenF

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, the water wasn't cold. At least I did that ok ...

RavenF

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't really want to ask Frank for help if I don't absolutely have to.
Everything is ...
<Heavy Sigh>
<Heavy Sigh>
<Heavy Sigh>
with him.
Drama, Drama, Drama.
How much "pain" *he's* in.
Yeah, well, Maggie's going to Die if thins doesn't go right.
So, you'll forgive me, if I don't give a D*mn abt your whining and your "pain."

He's already been saying "we" are helping Maggie.
"We" what? "We" who??? Are you high?
Bc he gave me a cpl of rides to the vet (I don't drive re dx reasons) and bc he paid for the treatment.
He wouldn't even go to the vet visits. "Bc he can't."
(You're driving, you're <Already> *there* What *can't* you???)

I may have to suck it up for Maggie's sake
and ask him to help, but I Really Don't want to.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He's already been saying "we" are helping Maggie.
Just tell him that is how the 'he part of we' can help Maggie. Try it once, and if he makes things worse, don't ask again. Right now, I don't think he will become any more 'annoying' to you than he already is, if you do ask for his help in this one area. You really need to eventually get this straightened out with him, but for now it is all about Maggie and try as hard as you can to ignore him otherwise.

RavenF

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Feebys Owner,
No matter what happens with Maggie, Maggie could wake up tomorrow in Top Health and there would Still be No straightening things out with Frank. I might move; I might not. But there's Zero scenario where I can look or think of him in the same manner that I did before. It's not "the pain drama" that he constantly alludes to (though, that does Not help). It is the fact that he did not even *Offer To Try* to help Maggie. No "Ok well at least let me try to find someone to help her, if I can't" Nope. It was just Straight Up "I'm willing to do Precisely Nothing" That is ... I can't abide someone Ok with Willfully standing by and Doing Nothing while an animal that they "claim to love" suffers and is Dying before their very eyes. That's Sadistic. And if you're willing to put yourself and what you perceive as your needs that far ahead of a suffering, dying animal, then there's Nothing me or anyone else can say to you that's going to be worth a D*mn. There's also Nothing anyone - including Frank himself - can say to me abt that is going to cause me feel any differently abt Frank now. I have to think abt things re Frank - meaning, as I said, I may keep living here; I may choose to move out. But regardless of whether I stay here or not, in my mind, I'm *Done* with Frank. I'll deal with him as much as is necessary. But I will never feel the same way abt him. And there will always be a Hard Stop where Frank and my feelings are considered, from here on out. It is what it is.

*Sigh*

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry that happened with Frank. Nonetheless, it's Maggie, and getting her fed, that is absolutely the most important right now. Were you able to utilize the feeding tube?

RavenF

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been a Sh*t day.

A feral cat that I've been trying to help died today. She was feral but she was also an indoor cat for abt the last 7 yrs. It's just the person that took her in never made any attempt to domesticate her in any way. So, she was basically an indoor almost-fully feral kitty.

I got het to the vet multiple times and even managed to get het fitted with a feeding tube. But she wasn't having it (the feeding tube) and then, other medical complications kicked in as well. She was already around 13 years old.

It's still a Hard Pill for me to swallow, bc I feel like she was completely savable, if I had jumped in and took over in time. But I didn't. A few days earlier would've made All The Difference in the world, I feel like.

Rest now, Maggie.
I love you and I miss you already.
Love on Martin and Wylie and Xander for me, when you get there, please.

Run, Baby Girl, Run ...
💜

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.