Songs that make you Happy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have not really listened to 'big band' very much, but the way you describe the "band singing ....as part of the song" IS very enjoyable.

It makes me appreciate the song more, now, since I had mainly heard the music, and not really on how the band's singing complemented the song. Very unique

i love big band music, it's my favorite type. it's just happy music that i can sing along with. but i have a pretty wide range of music i enjoy.

i've never heard another group/band have the band singing as part of the song like that. one of glenn miller's songs comes close to it though, when they play/sing pennsylvania 6-5000.

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol.:funpst: ...I think I might love "cheezy"....because I find this rendition, of the song "Wonderwall" is sheer Brilliance.!!!   :lol2:     :crackup:
I have never heard of ....'The Mike Flowers Pops"....so thank you @KittyWhiskers
  for posting this. 

I may have to spend the weekend listening to more of his songs.
I actually think this song is both meaningful and funny, at the same time...I don't know why. :high5:    (Maybe because his lyrics are clearer, and the colours are prettier.)  :nod:   :lol3:  
(I'm not sure why I forgot to visit this thread, because the songs are still timeless, and make me smile.)
:lol3: I picked my daughter up from work in the car the other day and she was humming along to the Oasis version and that's when I remembered this cover version by The Mike Flowers Pops. He has done quite a few covers, all in the same style. This one is my favourite. Never fails to bring a smile. :D

I also love Pharell's Happy, always did from the first time I heard it.
Me too, I have this as my mobile ringtone. :D

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a song, but a tread, this tread actually, it makes me very happy to read how others find new music that makes them happy, if that makes any sense1 :D

We have quite nice variety of music styles here too already, so interesting to learn new songs :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sure there are masses of them, but I don't remember them till I hear them.

Off the top of my head and from WAY back in my distant past, so they've been making me smile for a while.

Dancing in the street:

Cripple Creek (The Band) because of the song and because it makes me remember a young Robbie Robertson.

For all you youngsters, he's the one in the middle..

Yes, I know, I'm old. 

Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars

These guys are even really happy in the video...LOL. Made me smile.

The other day I heard someone BLASTING from their car This Is How You Do It by Montell Jordan. Happy 20 years to that song.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Japan they do all these wonderful crazy things, can't listen that without smiling for sure :D
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get very happy when I hear          IT"S A BEAUTIFUL DAY     by U2.    The reason is I love the energy of the song and how it builds momentum, I also love U2. 

I also feel very happy when I hear  
 SUNSHINE  (On My Shoulder)  by Bob Denver .  The reason it makes me happy is I feel my Dad close to me when I hear it because he used to sing it before he passed in 2010.

For the same reason I also love the song  BICYCLE BUILT FOR TWO.  My Dad sang it a lot during his life and if I were to hear it anywhere, I would be stopped in my tracks because it is such an old song, it is never played for listening anymore.  
  I sing this song to my Speedy a lot.  It starts, Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do..........            But, instead, I sing Speedy, Speedy ...............