Something Stuck?

rlshelton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think my cat may have something stuck in her mouth? She is licking her lips a lot and she sort of “bites” at the air like she is trying to get it out. She also chews on both front paws as if to remove it. Her behavior doesn’t seem different, she is eating, drinking, using the litter.....just concerned.

UnderneathTheStars

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you taken a look inside her mouth? It could be a tooth problem. I would take her to the vet to have her teeth and her mouth inspected. Does she have bad breath and how often does this behavior present itself?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rlshelton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have looked in her mouth (from what I can-she doesn’t let me do it easily) and I can’t see anything. No bad breath that I can sense and this just started yesterday. Her behavior is good, it just seems that something in there is bothering her.

UnderneathTheStars

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have a trusted vet nearby? I had a cat that did the same thing and it turned out to be a tooth that needed extraction. However, it could be something else entirely. I hope whatever it is can be resolved!

rlshelton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I made an appt for Tuesday (earliest they had). Hopefully it’s a quick fix! Thanks so much for your help!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think my cat may have something stuck in her mouth? She is licking her lips a lot and she sort of “bites” at the air like she is trying to get it out..
Those are typical signs of nausea. I'm not sure how that relates to the paw chewing, though, if anything. If you can, take a video of the behavior and show it to the vet at the appointment.

rlshelton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Actually it was something in the roof of her mouth (tiny sharp blade of grass) that I was able to remove! She is much better now and has been grooming away. Thanks everyone!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
glad you were able to find the grass! hopefully she will be fine now. :heartshape: