something stuck in your cat's mouth & he runs away (from pain)? solution

realme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it happend to my cat many times, he tries to take something out of his mouth with his tongue but cant & runs away (because of pain), it always solved on its own after some hours, this time i decided to check his mouth, & found a claw stuck in his front gums, so i took it out & hes fine, so now i know what to do when he acts like this again :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's very unusual for a cat to get a claw stuck in his gum. Was it his own claw or had he been in a fight with another cat? Is he indoor only? Do you have any other pets?

Usually when a cat appears to be in pain because they have something stuck in their mouth it's because of tartar buildup on their teeth. This is especially common in cats that are fed mainly dry food.

I suggest you take your cat to the vet for a dental check. It's a good idea to have your cats cleaned regularly and it sounds like your cat needs to have his cleaned soon.

:)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds more like a tooth problem and it is his own claw sheath stuck in his gum because of his pawing at the pain. I would definitely take him to the vet for possible tooth extraction. Cats get along very well without many and sometimes all of their teeth!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

realme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's very unusual for a cat to get a claw stuck in his gum. Was it his own claw or had he been in a fight with another cat? Is he indoor only? Do you have any other pets?

Usually when a cat appears to be in pain because they have something stuck in their mouth it's because of tartar buildup on their teeth. This is especially common in cats that are fed mainly dry food.

I suggest you take your cat to the vet for a dental check. It's a good idea to have your cats cleaned regularly and it sounds like your cat needs to have his cleaned soon.

:)
it was his own claw probably, we do have two cats tho, they are indoor only, eat dry & wet food, i see them sometimes kinda bite their own claws, probably cleaning them, i think all cats do that, maybe thats how it got in his gum.
i took him to a vet not long ago (he stopped eating for 4 days, then started, we dont know what was the problem) he said the teeth were fine, anyway since it happens to my cat many times (couple times a year), then maybe it happens to other cats, so i wanted to help, so they check their mouths.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

realme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds more like a tooth problem and it is his own claw sheath stuck in his gum because of his pawing at the pain. I would definitely take him to the vet for possible tooth extraction. Cats get along very well without many and sometimes all of their teeth!
but i see no pain problem tho, he eats fine, he doesnt touches his mouth, i see no reason to think hes in pain, also we were at the vet not long ago (he stopped eating for 4 days) the vet said the theet are fine.