Something similar to Revolution Plus

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any flea/tick/work/ear mite monthly medication that doesn't require a prescription? My vet no longer sells Revolution Plus and trying to get authorization from them to buy it elsewhere is like trying to break into Ft Knox. I contact them almost daily trying to inquire when I can pick up the approval and am met with silence or "we're working on it" or "try back tomorrow". :mad:

I really like the "prevents ear mites" aspect of Revolution Plus so I'd really like to find something similar that can be bought without an prescription. I did find one site that doesn't require prescriptions for stuff like that but the reviews say they get their medication overseas so who know where it comes from.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Have you put the order into Chewy and asked them to contact your vet for you? Around here, all vets are carrying Revolution Plus, but if you want the older formulation it has to be ordered.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you put the order into Chewy and asked them to contact your vet for you? Around here, all vets are carrying Revolution Plus, but if you want the older formulation it has to be ordered.
Yes but all that happens is that they say I need to come in and get the approval and mail it to Chewy. Pretty much puts me in the same predicament. Asking them to contact them directly just puts the ball into motion to get the approval ready for pick up which I started a few days ago and still can't get them to give it to me!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is very odd because if you go to Chewy first, put in the order along with the name and contact info for your vet, they contact the vet and then let you know that they have approval and will send the item. I don't get this as you are not dealing with a controlled substance or some obscure product that no one has.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is very odd because if you go to Chewy first, put in the order along with the name and contact info for your vet, they contact the vet and then let you know that they have approval and will send the item. I don't get this as you are not dealing with a controlled substance or some obscure product that no one has.
Vet won't deal with Chewy directly for some reason. They just write out the approval and I have to get it and mail it to Chewy myself. That takes time.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a long commute home so I decided to call. Found out some interesting stuff. Reason why things take so long is because they are down to two vets. Said one vet is always taking off work so really only one.

I should be getting the authorization on Friday and will never return to that vet again. Will be going to the vet I took the cats to when the other one burned down and was rebuilding. They have plenty of vets on staff, you can get an appointment when needed, they don't hold your cats hostage for the day for routine checkups, and they sell Revolution Plus!!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I remember that you had posted about the clinic that burned down and I was going to suggest that maybe using another vet would be the easiest thing to do. Glad this is getting resolved.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember that you had posted about the clinic that burned down and I was going to suggest that maybe using another vet would be the easiest thing to do. Glad this is getting resolved.
The only reason I returned to that vet after it rebuilt is because it's close to my house. The other one is in the next County and you have to hope there isn't an accident on the bridge to cross into the next County or you may be stuck for hours.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the prescription approval this afternoon so I will mail it to Chewy tomorrow. We'll see how long it takes to go through the process before my stuff is delivered. Boone and Gracie are due for the application today so hopefully it will only be about a week overdue.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Would Chewy accept an emailed, scanned copy of the script in order to bypass the mailing time?
They would not when I asked them. They will however let you place the order and then once they get the script, will process the order.

I had to actually call them and tell them I would be mailing the script in and they sent me an email on where to send the script.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I understand Chewy wanting to make sure they aren't liable for giving people prescriptions without vet approval, I think it should be reserved for narcotics or actual medications. Not flea and tick prevention. People take horse tranquilizers to get high nowadays but I never heard of anyone using flea meds for illicit activities. Should be something you can order just like food or toys, IMO.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
They would not when I asked them. They will however let you place the order and then once they get the script, will process the order.

I had to actually call them and tell them I would be mailing the script in and they sent me an email on where to send the script.
I was told the same thing by Chewy when I almost had to use the written prescription for another product.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the prescription approval this afternoon so I will mail it to Chewy tomorrow. We'll see how long it takes to go through the process before my stuff is delivered. Boone and Gracie are due for the application today so hopefully it will only be about a week overdue.
Got notification that the Revolution Plus was shipped. Not too bad of a turn around. Mail approval last Friday and it got shipped four days later.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stuff came yesterday and I instinctively put it away in the cabinet. Fast forward a few hours and it hit me that I hadn't given the cats their stuff for this month because I didn't have it until today.

So I had to corner each cat to give them the stuff and cut their nails. Now getting the first one is fine because they have no idea what's about to happen. Once the other sees what happens, it is nearly impossible to get it.

Got Boone first and took him into the bathroom to do everything. He came out and got his treat for being a good boy. Gracie comes looking for hers but I tell her she isn't getting any until she gets her meds and nails cut. Spend a few minutes chasing her around before I give up.

Lucky for me, Gracie is all about fairness and it really bothered her that Boone got a treat and she didn't. So she came over to me and let me pin her down so I could take her to the bathroom. I got her done and she got her treat.

What amazed me is that Boone didn't try to get more treats. It was like he knew that he had already gotten his and he just sat a small distance away and let Gracie get hers. He is such a good boy!!