Something On My Kitten

sarahentschel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So recently I got a kitten about 2 months ago, and when I got her she had some type of thing on her skin. She also escaped for about 12 hours one day and I don’t know if these things are ticks/fleas or just something I shouldn’t worry about.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Has she been spayed? If not, as long as she’s 4 months of age or older, she is very likely pregnant, especially since she escaped for a while, that would give her plenty of time to meet an unneutered male.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahentschel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has she been spayed? If not, as long as she’s 4 months of age or older, she is very likely pregnant, especially since she escaped for a while, that would give her plenty of time to meet an unneutered male.
Is that her stomach? If so, it's a nipple.

How old is she? I would guess that she is pregnant.
Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. It is on her stomach but before that i’ve found the same thing on her back. I’m taking her to the vet this week. How do I know for sure if she is pregnant or not? Thanks again.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. It is on her stomach but before that i’ve found the same thing on her back. I’m taking her to the vet this week. How do I know for sure if she is pregnant or not? Thanks again.
I think she probably is pregnant, as long as she’s at least four months old and hasn’t been spayed. Your vet will be able to give you a for sure answer.

This article is a helpful resource: How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is your cat?

You may want to have her spayed now if she is very young.

sarahentschel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
4 months old, I was supposed to get her spayed tomorrow until the whole supposed pregnancy thing came up.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pregnancies can be aborted early on. I would suggest that. It’s sad but there are way to many homeless cats dying on the streets and in shelters for her to be having a litter.
The little nub you took a photo of is a nipple. What you found on her back is something else most likely.
I would get her to a vet ASAP and see if they’ll still spay her.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear. Please consider letting her have the spay anyway. 4-month-old kittens should really not be having babies. She’s so young.

See what the vet says.

sarahentschel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh dear. Please consider letting her have the spay anyway. 4-month-old kittens should really not be having babies. She’s so young.

See what the vet says.
Pregnancies can be aborted early on. I would suggest that. It’s sad but there are way to many homeless cats dying on the streets and in shelters for her to be having a litter.
The little nub you took a photo of is a nipple. What you found on her back is something else most likely.
I would get her to a vet ASAP and see if they’ll still spay her.
Hi everybody!!! I got her spayed today. Everything is great, thank you so much for your help! I was going to spay her regardless, just wanted to make sure it was safe. I don’t want her to be a 6 month old mother when she would’ve given birth lol.

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet shaved a lot more of her than I would normally expect, but yes it is totally normal to shave a spay site. Helps to keep it clean and heal properly :)