Some Weird Pictures Of The Solar Eclipse Here In Texas.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I was a little disappointed that I was not in the so-called path of totality and would not be able to see a total eclipse, but I did get some pretty cool pictures of what appears to be some kind of planet. The sky never got very dark here. It was supposed to be 75% coverage, but I didn't see it. Fortunately, in seven years I will be able to see a total eclipse when it passes through the DFW area here in Texas. The pictures above are not arranged in the order that I took them, but I couldn't fix it. The third picture was actually taken first. I am not sure what planet that is supposed to be, but it looks freaky! That little turquoise crescent thing that appears at the bottom in the third (actually first) picture moved to
the center of the planet thing. It even showed up on my brother's beard and my mother's hair when they took selfies with the eclipse.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Terrific photos! It was too cloudy here to see much of anything. We wound up watching it on The Weather Channel. They covered it all the way into the Atlantic. It was cloudy everywhere but Kansas City. Now I have to hang on another 7 years for the good one to be visible here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep, same here. It is supposed to happen in April of 2024, I think, which is the beginning of the thunderstorm season here. With my luck, it will be cloudy and/or raining on that day!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think the weird planet is actually the reflection of the sun with moon cover. Since the sun is so bright, it kind of bounces off your camera lens and you see it again. Pretty cool, that's how you can see how much of the sun was covered in your area!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good pictures! :camera: I watched coverage of the eclipse on ABC, and I think I heard them say in one of the places that was televised that Mercury could be seen. We were supposed to have 75 to 80% coverage here too, but it started getting cloudy about the time the eclipse was going on. While I was watching the TV coverage I kept looking outside to see if it was getting a little darker, but I really didn't notice anything different.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was really cloudy here until it was over then it was clear. I am in central Ohio and we are supposed to be in the path of totality for the one in 7 years. Since that one isn't coast to coast it won't be the big deal that this one was.