Some vets are just great c:

rain drop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So last week one of my girls, Tippy, started acting weird. Turns out it was her kidneys and so she was dehydrated, lethargic, weak, and had no appetite on top of that. Anyways, this is a new vet I'm going to (since I moved) and he is soooo awesome! I really felt his concern and care. When I brought Tippy back the next day because I thought she wasn't getting any better, he said she actually was, it was just a small improvement. So he was nice enough to not charge me for the exam fee (which is $65 right) and gave me a discount on the shots he gave her that day. So the bill for that day was super cheap! And the meds he gave me to give her are great. She's a million times better! I'm so excited for her<3

I think I'll continue with this guy.
(Plus, he has a super sweet aussie accent xD)

On another note, I still don't know why her kidneys acted up.
I don't have to money to do blood tests and an ultrasound, but hopefully I can save up for it for down the road.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh goodness hun, when you find a good vet, KEEP them! It took me a lot of vets to find the one we currently use who I LOVE and luckily the clinic is literally a 5 minute WALK away (1 minute drive!) so it couldn't possibly be more convenient.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I adopted Holland I got a free initial vet visit. A year and 3 months later she had her annual checkup, and I didn't even recognize the vet (the clinic she goes to has several doctors) until she said "Holland! I haven't seen you for a while. And you haven't gotten much bigger." Huge, huge, HUGE points in my book.

I hate that her clinic is on the expensive side, but the vets are so caring. The vet who did her teeth called me a few days after her surgery to see how she was doing. It's so important to me to have her health professionals know her and care about her.

I'm glad you found a good one for Tippy, and I'm glad she's feeling better!!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that you like your vet! All of my vets ( & male techs) are hot except the old one, lol. It might have something to do with them being animal lovers...

I hope Tippy is feeling better today, how old is she? If she is old it could be CRF (kidney failure).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rain drop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

She's not that old though. Maybe about 6 years?
And I looked into it myself, but some of the symptoms just didn't match up with CRF at all.