solid but light yellow stool?

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just went thru a stressful few days with my older cat (another story)

But today after bringing him home from medical boarding/emergency room, I went to clean out the litter box after he used it.

Now I'm 99% sure this poop is from my other younger cat Nugget, as the stool felt cold (I touched it thru the bag, not directly!) If it helps there was also normal brown stool in the litter box as well. The last time it was emptied was last night so these should be within the last 12-15 hrs.

He hasn't had any diet changes, and is playing and behaving normally as usual. I emailed my vet already with photos but would like to hear what you guys have to say (whether I need to rush him out asap or I can wait for confirmation from my vet).

Thank yall!

Attachments

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Could that be cat hair that he ingested and passed? Did you break it open to see if the color is throughout the stool?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could that be cat hair that he ingested and passed? Did you break it open to see if the color is throughout the stool?
One was about half brown half yellow, the smaller one was all yellow inside

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Any chance the coloring has anything to do with any food he has ingested? I would say since he seems normal otherwise, and the fact that the stool is not runny or has any blood in it, that you can wait to hear from your vet. Keep us posted.

You might refrigerate the stool in case the vet would like to use it for testing.

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kabuto has the odd poo that looks like that, usualy when he hasn't had much to drink. Could your cat be a bit dehydrated? Not enough to be noticable but just a touch thirsty?

Kabuto's got better after I bought him a fountain but now theres twice as much pee in his box.