Soft food recommendations after tooth extraction

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok hopefully this is okay to put here. But I just had my tooth pulled today. My tooth got broken beyond repair so it had to be pulled. Until Thursday or Friday I have to eat soft foods. I know ice cream, yogurt, applesauce and eggs after I let them cool. But does anyone have any other soft food recommendations I could eat til I’m allowed to have regular food again?

So I am clear guys I mean recommendations for me not my cats. Their teeth is fine I had the tooth pulled.

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat had tooth resorption,crown removed. She cannot eat pate but can eat nulo minced

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But does anyone have any other soft food recommendations I could eat til I’m allowed to have regular food again?
I've had far too many dental visits the past few years, e.g. root canals, crowns, dental implant, etc. I made a list of soft foods I could eat for this exact reason. You may want to try small curd cottage cheese, mashed banana, pudding which is one of my favorites, jello or baked or mashed potato at room temp. Good luck, hope you feel better soon. 🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had far too many dental visits the past few years, e.g. root canals, crowns, dental implant, etc. I made a list of soft foods I could eat for this exact reason. You may want to try small curd cottage cheese, mashed banana, pudding which is one of my favorites, jello or baked or mashed potato at room temp. Good luck, hope you feel better soon. 🤗
The dental assistant did mention I could have potatoes or sweet potatoes as well as noodles like macaroni or ramen, and eggs but have to be warm. I used to have a list of every soft food when I had another tooth during Covid but I lost the list. I just hate that til Thursday & Friday I can’t have much and it’s like now I get cravings ugh! Of course after Thursday or Friday I will have to chew on the other side of my mouth but still!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had full mouth extractions a number of years ago. I stuck with a store brand of Ensure at room temperature. I knew that was safe and it had the vitamins and minerals in it. I also rinsed with warm salt water several times a day.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went with my kid's Spaghttios after my extraction. :paperbag:You basically don't have to chew those and it was what i had in my cabinet.

I hope this week passes quickly and you heal up fast. :hugs: