So - Who's Watching the Super Bowl Today?!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched!! What a great game!! Yeah Pack!!!!

Half time made me want to mute the TV, UGH.
Should have kept with classic rock half time shows!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yep, I've got money on the PACKERS!!!

They're making me nervous right about now though.
I thought I was gonna have a heart attack at the end of the game!!

THEY DID IT, THEY DID IT, THEY DID IT!!!! I'm so happy I could just die!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

We're having some people over for the game. I honestly could care less, since my Bears didn't make it to the game.
That's the way I'd feel too, if my Packers wouldn't have made it!

Your Bears almost made it, Amy.
I'll bet you probably don't like the Pack very much right now, eh?

Tiff - I hope you got all your Packer gear ready for the game!!
My Packers gear is always on stand-by!

Now I'll have more to add to my collection! My son (who's still in Wisconsin) is fixin' to go out tomorrow to get me the championship t-shirt & cap.
I'll make sure to wear them out in public: ought to drive the Cowboys' fan nuts!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go PACKERS!!!!

Whew, that was close!

Can't wait to call my friends from Marinette tomorrow... They must be in heaven tonight!

One thing though - they are barely showing the game anymore - there are SO MANY commercials, it really has taken over the time - 20 seconds of game, 60 of commercial... at least that's how it felt anyhow...
I know Super Bowl commercials are the most expensive, the most watched commercials in the World and all, but that's got to be a limit to the number/time of commercials against game time! I was impressed this year.
Congrats KittKatt!!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Go PACKERS!!!!

Whew, that was close!

Can't wait to call my friends from Marinette tomorrow... They must be in heaven tonight!

One thing though - they are barely showing the game anymore - there are SO MANY commercials, it really has taken over the time - 20 seconds of game, 60 of commercial... at least that's how it felt anyhow...
I know Super Ball commercials are the most expensive, the most watched commercials in the World and all, but that's got to be a limit to the number/time of commercials against game time! I was impressed this year.
Congrats KittKatt!!!
Thanks, Carolina!
You just don't know how happy I am!!

I'll have to agree there are too many commercials.
The game would probably be cut in half if it wasn't for that. But I reckon they have to have them for profit. And you have to admit that some of them are pretty darn funny!
I'll never forget the Bud Light Caveman commercial that was televised during Super Bowl XXXI (Packers vs. Patriots): that commercial still cracks me up whenever I watch it!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched! Being a Vikings fan, I should have been really annoyed that the Packers were in it, but I actually thought it was exciting, because I love football!!! and I wanted a good game, and that it was....it really was. Also, I have alot of admiration for Aaron Rodgers, so I wanted them to do well.

I normally like the commercials, but I felt they really came up short this year. So much hitting, the Doritos guy licking the Doritos dust off things was totally gross. So many car commercials. Love the eTrade babies, though.

I thought Christina Aguilera was awful. She was so concerned with her vocal gymnastics, she forgot the lyrics. I hate when singers think they have to mess with the national anthem. Just sing it straight - it can be really effective. I actually muted it the minute I heard her start, because I heard what she was going to do with it. But I heard later that she had messed up the lyrics. Geesh.....major fail.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only watch the superbowl for the commercials! lol. But, they were pretty lame this year. The Darth Vader one was cute, and the beaver one, but there were no stand outs for me. Was there a Budweiser commercial with the clydesdales? Those are my favorites and I don't remember one.

We watched it at my SIL's and they are die-hard Steeler's fans, so of course I had to cheer for the Packers! I would have been more into it if the Raven's had made it. But I only like them because I'm a Maryland girl at heart and I love Poe.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

I thought Christina Aguilera was awful. She was so concerned with her vocal gymnastics, she forgot the lyrics. I hate when singers think they have to mess with the national anthem. Just sing it straight - it can be really effective. I actually muted it the minute I heard her start, because I heard what she was going to do with it. But I heard later that she had messed up the lyrics. Geesh.....major fail.
My sentiments exactly. There are some websites where you can listen to her. I am glad I didn't see it yesterday. I wonder if she is embarrassed.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I listened briefly to bits and pieces of the game at work last night. I'm glad the Steelers lost.