So, what foods did you like that you may not eat anymore?

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a fun thread
I loved hot dogs but from what I read, they are sure to kill me. I don't have more than a couple per year now.

My father used to fry up Spam when I was young and had Spam sandwiches. I never could stomach that as an adult.

I used to love just plain Hellman's Mayonnaise sandwiches. I can't eat those as an adult, either. I wonder why my arteries weren't clogged by age 25?

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm I used to be able to eat 2 packs at one time of the Oriental ramon noodles...Cant do that anymore I still have 4 packs in my pantry from 2 yrs ago. Chef Boy-Ar-Dee stuff period, I think I ODed on their raviolis when I was pregnant. I used to LOVE BK, cant stand the smell of it anymore. I dont like any lunch meat anymore and I cant stand chicken in spaghetti sauce icky icky icky and ever since BF and I ate a giant pack of chicken patties in like 2 days I havent been able to smell them without getting an upset stomach.

The one thing I will always love though is Bumblebee Tuna with mayo on crackers...num num num num

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
shoe string potato sticks in a can.. use to love them, now it is an ick.
deep fried burritos from my high school cafeteria. Loved them! The things they call fried burritos in the cafeteria at work are just not the same....

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On Sundays my mother would take my older brothers to church and leave me and my younger brother at home with dad. I was probably 3 or 4 at the time. He would make us a big breakfast of eggs, toast and bacon.

Some times he would cook us what he called "good old fat bacon". It was brown and crispy and tasted good. At least I thought so.

Many years later I was shocked to find out that it was just plain fat. He would buy a block of the stuff from the butcher, slice it thin and fry it like bacon.

Now if you put that on my plate I wouldn't touch it.