So tired ...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so tired, I want so much to go to bed!  But I can't :(

It's been almost 2 weeks since I washed clothes, and I've run out of pretty much everything to wear, especially under things
  I had to do a load of laundry tonight, or I would have had to call in sick tomorrow because I would have nothing to wear!  LOL   I just did a few things to get me through to Saturday. The clothes are in the dryer, but I have to wait for them to finish drying or I will have nothing but wrinkled clothes tomorrow morning.

Out of curiosity has anyone here ever called in sick because they ran out of clean clothing to wear to work?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw man!  I forgot I have laundry in the washer and dryer!  I have company coming tomorrow and my 3 year old didn't quite make it to the potty tonight.  Laundry wasn't on my to-do list! 

I don't think I've ever had to call out for that reason.  I know I had a friend once hand wash a pair of panties and dry them in her bathroom overnight for the next day. That's pretty desperate! 

But man I want to go to bed too!  I need to reset my internal clock here; it wants to wake up after everyone else is in bed!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I hear you....I'm so pooped I can't stand it. I can *this close* to calling off work today, just to sleep in for a bit.

Last night was Day 2 of pickle-making. (I should have started them on a Friday, so that the most work was done on Saturday.
 ) Drain the cukes from the lime bath, then let them sit in cool water for 3 hours. Then mix the vinegar, food coloring, and alum and simmer the cukes for another 2 hours. Drain them again, make the syrup and pour the hot syrup over the cukes. 5 hours total....at least. And I never really got started until around 7:00 because I had to freeze a quart of green beans and then a quart of broccoli and then sliver some peppers for the freezer, too. And then I had my walk.

So while I was waiting for the cukes to soak in the water and then simmer in the liquid, I did three loads of laundry and vacuumed the house. I also realized that I didn't have enough sugar, so off to the grocery store for a 10-pound bag of sugar (at 9:30).

I swear that next year at the beginning of July, I am going to buy big bottles of red and green food coloring, a 25-pound bag of sugar, my cinnamon sticks, the red hots candy, a bag of lime, a container of alum, and my jar lids. All at one time. Then when pickle season starts, I'm ready!

Rick got me up this morning to hit the treadmill and.....that was the very last thing I wanted to do today!

The good thing is that today is Friday for both Rick and me; we're taking vacation days on Friday, so no work. I'm staying in bed tomorrow morning until Bootser starts to holler at me (around 4:00 or so).

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles  

I had a friend once hand wash a pair of panties and dry them in her bathroom overnight for the next day. That's pretty desperate! 
That was going to be my other option!  LOL

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't think I've ever called in sick but I have taken a pair of jeans out of the hamper, shaken them out, sprayed them with a nice scented body mist and worn them one more day....   
  Fortunately I can wear jeans to work and it's easier to get away with wearing not-quite-so-clean jeans than other kinds of slacks.  LOL

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a funny thread. No I never called in sick because of no clothes. I do remember this. When we moved into our new home in 2003, I got behind on laundry. Hubby went to the drawer and found he had no clean underwear. Rather than remind me to do the laundry, he took the last pair he wore, turned them inside out and worn them that day. By the end of that day, I had already discovered I needed to do the laundry.:lol3:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd go commando before letting laundry get in the way of sleep or work. 

This is a funny thread. No I never called in sick because of no clothes. I do remember this. When we moved into our new home in 2003, I got behind on laundry. Hubby went to the drawer and found he had no clean underwear. Rather than remind me to do the laundry, he took the last pair he wore, turned them inside out and worn them that day. By the end of that day, I had already discovered I needed to do the laundry.
Good man!  Doing that or doing a load himself are about the only 2 good options there! 

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have gone in late a few times over the years because I washed the laundry but forgot to dry it. I dislike doing laundry very much even to this day, plus I forget that I've got a load in the washer or dryer almost everytime. . .Like today!

I was always honest with my boss and she just laughed and asked me to get there as soon as I could.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have taken a shirt out of the dirty clothes, spritzed with water to remove wrinkles, and hung up with dryer sheets hanging inside the shirt and left to dry overnight.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always wear jeans a couple of days.  I have enough underwear to last at least three weeks.  I get the cheap cotton ones that's like 10 pair to a pack.  Now I work from home so it doesn't matter if I have clean clothes for work but when I did go in to work I never called in sick because of nothing clean to wear.  Years ago there were a couple of times that I called in the day before payday because I didn't have gas to get to work.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never actually called in sick to work due to laundry issues.  There have been a few times with my current job where some one has called off and I have been called to cover and I let the manager that called me know that I could come in but I if they needed me right away I would not be able to wear my uniform.   One time someone walked out right before out truck was due to show up for warehouse day so my boss told me to just come in with street clothes and he would make sure I did not get into trouble.  I do not get called in as much on my days off though now that I am full-time.  I have had to re-used pants though.  I have a setting on my dryer to take out wrinkles so I would just throw them in the dryer with a dryer sheet.  We are not supposed to wear jeans or sweats to work but I have worn black jeans and sweats that look like casual cotton pants to work when I was called to come in on no notice while my laundry was drying.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
This is a funny thread. No I never called in sick because of no clothes. I do remember this. When we moved into our new home in 2003, I got behind on laundry. Hubby went to the drawer and found he had no clean underwear. Rather than remind me to do the laundry, he took the last pair he wore, turned them inside out and worn them that day. By the end of that day, I had already discovered I needed to do the laundry.:lol3:

I've got so many clothes I can't imagine that ever happening unless we were without a washer for a couple of weeks. I can also wear anything I feel like it to work. DH is the exact opposite - anybody looking in his closet or drawers would feel sorry for the poor man - so I have to be careful about keeping up with the laundry for his sake.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've got so many clothes I can't imagine that ever happening unless we were without a washer for a couple of weeks. I can also wear anything I feel like it to work. DH is the exact opposite - anybody looking in his closet or drawers would feel sorry for the poor man - so I have to be careful about keeping up with the laundry for his sake.
Since losing weight, Aaron only has a few pairs of pants, so I absolutely have to keep up on the laundry! He thinks he is done losing now, so when we go away next month we are going to have to hit up the outlets, only problem is that he is an odd size.

Before we got married and Aaron was living alone in our apartment, he didn't like going to the laundromat. I didn't realize this until after, but for the month before our wedding he didn't do any laundry and just kept buying underwear. :lol3: When we got back from our honeymoon I was greeted by a huge pile of dirty underwear. :lol3: We did have a washer and dryer delivered a few days before our wedding, so it was easy enough to catch up.

Last edited: