So Sad - No White Christmas again

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woke up to lots of the white stuff! Not sure if it'll last, but it certainly looks pretty. I love it for now, but after Christmas it can go away again.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its snowing here! Suppose to be cold the next few days too, so it should stick around. First white Christmas in a few years. I am soooo excited. I am going to take shots of the lights in the neighborhood tonight.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck, it's supposed to be 52 here on Christmas day. I'm fine with that! I HATE snow. It would be nice to have a dusting of snow that melts on the 26th, but I don't see that happening. I will say, Christmas is the only day I really want snow. Other than that it can stay to the north (sorry Canadian friends). We got a huge dump on Halloween and it was just not right seeing trees with red and gold leaves covered in snow. 

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The store that I work at is open until midnight from the 22nd to the 24th, it's understandable for the 22nd and 23rd because it is quite busy, but on the 24th we're busy until 8pm, there are still a fair amount of customers from 8-10pm but from 10pm until midnight - it's dead, there are only a few customers that come in. Two or three years ago now, I was working until midnight on Christmas Eve even though my boss knew I had to drive to my parents house right after work. My parents decided to come pick me up in their SUV, which handled the weather a lot better than my little car. It had snowed all day, but the roads were pretty clear by midnight. We got on the 401 (major highway) and right around Ingersoll hit black ice and spun out. Thank God there were no other cars around us on the highway - we went from the lane closest to the ditch right over to the median, hit it with the back bumper and slid right back into the middle lane, where we stopped. My dad made sure that we were alright and, thankfully, the SUV was in working condition. He pulled it over onto the side of the highway and checked for damage, the back drivers side bumper had a lot of damage and the light was broken, if I had been sitting on that side in the back I would have been hurt (whiplash, back pain, etc) we were told. We weren't even going the speed limit, the rest of the trip home (about 15 minutes) was very slow and tension filled. Like I said, thankfully, we were all alright, but since then I have absolutely refused to work Christmas Eve at night. They argued with me about it at first, but I told them that I would leave "sick" or call in "sick" if I would have to make that drive to my parents at night again. That, my friends, is why I don't care if we have a White Christmas. 

Oh, and those stupid snow dumps that we get in the winter can stop happening too, lol. Seriously, who needs 4-5 feet of snow overnight?! 

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
no snow here either!! it's been a weird December
I remember last year we had at least 2 big snowstorms by now, but today it was 60*!! say what?
as much as I would like a white Christmas, I can't say that I'm missing the cold, I have a feeling in January we'll get our fair share of miserable weather

Living in NE Ohio as well, I think we will get hammered with snow come January.  Its been to warm for Lake Erie to freeze.  I work in the secondary snowbelt and I am so not looking forward to the next couple months.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up in Denver.  In the 14 years I lived there, we had only 1 white Christmas.  It just doesn't happen very often. 

South Texas had a white Christmas a couple of years ago.  They called it the "Christmas Miracle."

Two years ago, OKC, where we are going later today, had a big blizzard at Christmas time.  They may have snow tonight, but probably not.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This will be my first year WITHOUT snow for Christmas! Odd to me. One year we didn't have any until Christmas Eve, but none this year at all I think!