So fluffy! Say hello to Schnee!

Alexus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

So maybe some can remember that a while back in another thread I was talking about getting my kitten Lotor a friend. That's been a while, and despite trying, I could not find an appropriate friend (age and breed), and I was actually turned away from foster homes due to the distance. But I didn't give up. So one week ago I checked ebay by chance. And what do I see? My neighbours's cat!

I immediately message him and ask for reasons. He gives me all sorts of no good excuses to get rid of the cat. So I organised to look at the kitten, because I was willing to take it in! There's only a 6 week age difference (Lotor 6 months, Schnee 7 1/2), so that fits pretty well.

And I can't tell you how happy I am that I took in the kitty (called Schnee, which is snow in German) and got him OUT OF THERE! :censored:

My neighbour did not treat him well! He did not feed him enough, which is bad for a still growing kitty, not to mention the bad food he gave him. Schnee had to use a smelly, dirty litter box (which had not been cleaned for at least two weeks!!! :barfgreen:) and had to eat his meagre food next to it, too. His previous owner thought it okay to cut his whiskers!!! Which definitely counts as animal cruelty! When I went over, his whole flat was void of cat things and I assume that Schnee had to live in the small hallway (suggested by the cat tree there and no toys anywhere else). As you can see, he also neglected Schnee’s face. But he has such pretty eyes!

He only has had Schnee for less than 6 months and was already trying to get rid of him. When you get a cat, it is a decade long commitment! :mad:

So now Schnee moved in with Lotor and me on Tuesday (after waiting for the neighbour to finally get up at 12pm after we agreed on 9am .....)!

And he's a precious bean! :blush:

IMG_20200310_215229091.jpg

The first evening, discovering his new home

IMG_20200311_195332172.jpg

The second day and already found the best spot (I've been adopted!)

IMG_20200313_090558366.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-13 at 10.12.10.jpeg

Discovering the joys of toys!

IMG_20200311_093429895_2.jpg

IMG_20200311_154600103.jpg

Spending time together <3

IMG_20200313_101921899.jpg

Trying to ship off Lotor to get all the love for himself! 😈

Schnee (his name will change) is a precious boy. I can honestly say I never wanted a Persian cat. I know the work they entail, but dang, I am in love with him already. And he's getting along with Lotor well so far. Well, they do fight and chase, but they are still young with lots of energy!

I will try and keep you all updated and the new member of this family :heartshape:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your post! I, too, am so glad you got Schnee out of there, he must think he is in paradise, and a sibling too! That neighbor sounds like a real loser, I hope they don't ever get another pet, it sounds like they can't even take care of themselves.....
Both your little ones are stunning, I have a special spot in my heart for all that fluffiness! Praying for MANY years of happiness for all of you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alexus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your post! I, too, am so glad you got Schnee out of there, he must think he is in paradise, and a sibling too! That neighbor sounds like a real loser, I hope they don't ever get another pet, it sounds like they can't even take care of themselves.....
Both your little ones are stunning, I have a special spot in my heart for all that fluffiness! Praying for MANY years of happiness for all of you!
Thank you! :rbheart:

I've actually set up a contract that is legally binding in terms that he'll have no chance of ever getting Schnee back. I will also contact any authorities possible if he ever gets another pet. I wouldn't wanna see another poor animal being neglected like that :(