Sneezy cat

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kabuto has a URI. Today he sneezed some blood but the air is incredably dry right now. I myself get nosebleeds so I was able to stop it fairly quickly.

I have a humidifire running on high.

I visited a cat cafe a week or so ago and there was cats with URIs just free roaming. I think I must have brought home a bug and he got sick at around the same time. I feel really bad for making him sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not yet but I will take him if it gets worse or keeps happening. He is still eating drinking and going to the bathroom.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sneezing doesn't always indicate URI. It could be allergies or, as you mentioned, dry air. I hope your baby gets better!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Been a rough few days but Kabuto's fever finaly broke yesterday. He is interacting with me again and his eyes are no longer glazed over.
He still is sneezy but much less.

Im sure this is a virus now because Indy was sneezy as well for a bit but not hit as hard.
I did call the vet (phone consultation) but they said there is a bug going around and lots of cats with uri right now, they also are swamped with the holiday rush. So to wait and see what happens and bring them in if they get really bad or no improvement.

Kabuto is really improved the past two days. Fever broke and much less congested. His appitite isn't 100% yet but I bought some chicken and scallops churu for him if he goes off it.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear he's had a rough go of it, but glad he's feeling better!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kabuto had a normal poop for the first time since the whole ordeal started. Hes been having rabbit turds for the past two weeks from not eatting enough.

I guess from now on I have to be more careful about visiting cat rescues. I went to a cat cafe around the time this whole thing started and there was several cats with vering degrees of sneezing/watery eyes. No idea why they wern't isolated. But was told by an obviously unhappy/unknowledgeable (she said the store didn't sell fountains when they were on a shelf within eyesight directly across from the checkout) employee they wern't sick before going in.

Kabuto is obviosly more delicate and likely to get sick than he was before this year.