Sneezing Blood

Stacia_Powers7056

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
SOS! I let my cat go outside in the evenings with a gps collar. This evening he came in sneezing blood and his collar lost. I tracked his collar extremely far, he’s never ever went that far before and across a main road. It’s been 3 hours he is still sneezing blood and lathargic. I am taking him to vet first thing in the morning. But what do you all think this could be? Should I call emergency vet? It’s killing me thinking he could be in pain all night.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I hate to say this but you need to go to the ER vet. I would call now.

Blood from the nose could be an internal injury and being lethargic leans me even more towards that.

I'm not trying to scare you but being outside - he may have been attacked or even hit by something. Please call the ER vet. Like now would be good.

Last edited:

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second emergency vet. Let us know how it goes. I hope he feels better soon 🍀

I would call the cops and check if there is anything they can do too as acting fast might work in your favor if a human attacked your kitty to steal the collar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stacia_Powers7056

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I called emergency vet last night and they told me he was good to wait util morning. Honestly I just think they didn’t want to get out of bed. They told me to keep checking to make sure his gums were pink. Taking him at 8am so I will keep you guys updated. Thank you for your help!

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called emergency vet last night and they told me he was good to wait util morning. Honestly I just think they didn’t want to get out of bed. They told me to keep checking to make sure his gums were pink. Taking him at 8am so I will keep you guys updated. Thank you for your help!
Oh I don't like that ER vet. :angryfire: grrr The sneezing blood is so easily a sign of an internal injury. (Eg: Big Dog plays with a cat and pounces on them not intending to hurt the cat but the weight alone can break the cats back, or crush an organ.)

I assume you didn't get much rest last night but that kitty and you are holding up okay.

Yes, please let us know how you both are doing. Sending some positive vibes your way. XOXOXO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stacia_Powers7056

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All of his x-rays came back good! No internal injuries or broken bones thank God! He is on antibiotics, so hopefully back to his normal self soon and staying inside.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a cat who will sneeze blood from time to time, but she sneezes a lot normally. Sometimes the blood vessels will burst with sneezes. I hope your baby is on the mend and feeling better soon. Good job calling the ER vet and getting him checked out by your regular vet this morning.

bengalwaffle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All of his x-rays came back good! No internal injuries or broken bones thank God! He is on antibiotics, so hopefully back to his normal self soon and staying inside.
What happen to your cat? my cat is 3 years old and he sometimes bleed from nose or mouth (we don't know where de blood is coming from) he is not sneezing blood, just fresh red blood comes out of his nose and mouth. he almost bleeds out one Sunday night, but doctors don't know what is happening. Right now he is taking a lot of meds.