Smalls freeze-dried still available?

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been doing some taste trials with the cats I work with to see which freeze-dried food is their favorite (Stella and Chewy, Redford Naturals, Nulo, etc). I heard a lot of great things about Smalls Freeze-Dried but can't seem to find it available. Has it been discontinued already? Some of the reviews are from this year.

So many brands seem to be discontinuing foods or even the brands themselves stopping. Tiki Cat After Dark pate was one my cat really liked. And I heard great things about Evo for cats with diabetes. Change with cats is stressful.

wallysmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I fed my cat both the freeze-dried raw kibble and frozen cooked wet food from Smalls from late 2020 until their announcement in 2023 that they would not longer be able to supply the freeze-dried option. At my first my cat enjoyed both options but by 2023 it was very clear she preferred the freeze-dried option.

I spent a long time trying to find a solution and finally one day at my local pet store it appeared!

Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Entrees:
https://www.vitalessentials.com/products/freeze-dried-raw-chicken-entree-mini-nibs-cat-food

I haven't been able to figure out if they are from the same manufacturer that Smalls was using but the 'nibs' look exactly the same, feel the same, smell the same, and my cat eats them just as quickly.

Hope this helps.