Small wound on cats cheek. What is this? Vet needed?

BoldChris123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Salutations! I'm new to this thread.

This is my kitty Chipotle. She has a wound on her left cheek. It looks like this. I'm trying to find a vet asap. Is this serious? Will it heal?

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you are trying to get a vet appointment. Is she an outdoor cat? If so, any number of variables could have caused the wound. We are not vets and, therefore, cannot give out medical advice but with the proper veterinary treatment it should heal. :crossfingers: In the meantime, try to keep the area clean and free of debris.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BoldChris123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you are trying to get a vet appointment. Is she an outdoor cat? If so, any number of variables could have caused the wound. We are not vets and, therefore, cannot give out medical advice but with the proper veterinary treatment it should heal. :crossfingers: In the meantime, try to keep the area clean and free of debris.
Thank you! And she is an indoor cat, but allowed outdoors. I suspect something happened while she was out.

Best I can do is wait for the vet appointment. She seems more active now :)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my cat in for a large scabby lump today that the vet easily took off. Gross! Now she's on antibiotics to prevent infection. Probably a cat bite