small swollen spot by cats lip?

ollie4444

mother to many
Young Cat
Purraise
one of my cats, mimi, has a small swollen bump near her bottom lip,
she has acne on her chin, so that could have something to do with it but I'm not sure.

Attachments

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see it. Perhaps edit the photo and repost it with a circle around the area in question?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ollie4444

mother to many
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't see it. Perhaps edit the photo and repost it with a circle around the area in question?
its not super visible, but it feels hard and has a whitish appearance under the skin.. theres also a small hair next to it thats red around the root- idk if that has anything to do with it but anythings possible.
I'm thinking she may have accidentally bit it since it is pretty close to one of her "fangs"
1682475113343.png

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its not super visible, but it feels hard and has a whitish appearance under the skin.. theres also a small hair next to it thats red around the root- idk if that has anything to do with it but anythings possible.
I'm thinking she may have accidentally bit it since it is pretty close to one of her "fangs"
My cat has always had permanent discolored spots on his lower lip where his canine teeth (the "fangs") naturally rest when his mouth is closed. They are more like indentations, definitely have a different color from the rest of the lip. But are normal as he's had them his whole life and is 10.

I don't know what you are looking at, however. A hard lump with whitish color underneath, and inflamed hair follicle, sounds a lot like comedo/pimples/ingrown hairs in humans. I have no idea how this applies to cats, however. I don't know much about cat acne. But it sounds related.

Maybe the canine tooth resting spot is possibly related? Like irritated skin can possibly lead to a greater likelihood of clogged hair follicles?

Edit: It could be an accidental bite (my cat bites his tongue every now and then by eating too fast) but see if it lines up with her canine tooth while at rest. Try to get up close and observe her mouth while she's resting or sleeping.

Last edited: