Small scabs near base of ear

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all :> I know I’m just overly worried about Chippy boy with the week he’s had, but wanted some outside assurance, just in case. These small scabs are next to both ears and seem to be completely dried up without any smells, though I do have cat-safe disinfectant on hand if the scabs come off too early. Or should I be disinfecting daily, anyway? I very much don’t want to take him to the vet for non-essentials right now, as he’s only just starting to settle in — he’s very cuddly and playful, but not at all interested in eating as of yet — so I’d appreciate the advice.

He‘s strictly indoor, up to date on shots, and I’ve not noticed him itching excessively at the area on either side, so I’m fairly sure it was just stress related. Poor boy’s ear backs are half-bald, which I’ve been told is a typical stress response for him. It couldn’t have been Jum’s handiwork, as they’ve not had any physical confrontations, and he had all of this when I came to pick him up.

For some quick context, he’s a pampered show neuter. He recently came to live with me and his daughter, Jum, after his owner very suddenly passed.

3B68509C-EA0D-4C86-80B7-B9A9AA5C3A3E.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome, thank you! I just wanted to be totally sure, so I appreciate the second opinion. Both these cats mean the world to me, and I'm a bit prone to overreacting at the mo' :>

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This could easily be stress, especially since he recently suffered a loss. Cats do grieve. Again, just keep an eye on them, and give him lots of love.