Small lump in cat's ear

ilos28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, everyone,

I'm new in this forum and I registered because I want to consult about a small lump that my 12 years old cat has since yesterday (I think). The thing is he got mites in his left ear, so I'm treating him since a couple of days ago. Yesterday morning, before the treatment, I watched a small pink lump in his ear, near the base, it was hidden by the hair; the lump is about 2mm, I check the size yesterday and today and it's the same; the color or the shape is the same too; it's smooth, though I can't tell for sure since is too small to see it well.

I went to the vet today and she said it could be an infection because of the treatment, so I have to follow with it and see if the lump dissapear.

I don't know if he got this because he's been scratching his ear, but I want people's opinion; some of your cats have ever had something like this?? Should I just watch it or should I take him to the vet again?

Thanks.
20210901_115237.jpg
20210902_103740.jpg

Sajast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
None of my cats have gotten a red bump like that but they have gotten lumps and bumps here and there .I’d just follow your vet’s advice and keep an eye on it. If it’s still there after treatment has finished then I’d reach back out to the vet.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Since the lump is small and very new, and since you did consult the vet already, I would do what she says. However, if it suddenly changes or if it does not go away, then follow up with her to see what it is.