Small Kitten Hates Moving Around?

leopard_cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two Bengal kittens. My male does NOT like moving or jumping. In general, he plays well with his sister and seems to eat and use the litterbox. My only problem is that he doesn't really like jumping or moving. He would mostly stay on the floor, and rarely climbs anything, and when he is on higher ground (for example a cat tree) he just meows sadly as if he doesn't know what to do.
He also HATES being picked up. If he gets picked up or petted, he will purr, but scream loudly and try to get away. Every night after he eats, he often acts like he is about to vomit, but the next day he seems ok? I never had a cat before so I'm scared for his health.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you discussed this with your vet? He will want to make sure he doesn’t have something going on that is affecting his eating and moving.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

leopard_cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
N
Have you discussed this with your vet? He will want to make sure he doesn’t have something going on that is affct8ngmhis eating and moving
not this specifically, but he has been checked by the vet less than a week ago, and showed the same signs of not really moving, and screaming when he got picked up. The vet said nothing specifically about the matter. We assume it's his personality, but I have NEVER in my life seen a Bengal kitten that refuses to jump on and off furniture.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, there are some cats that prefer the ground to up high but it is worrisome in a young cat who should be tearing the place up. The screaming when getting picked up is also perfectly normal for some cats but the way he acts after eating isnt. I guess I would still want that checked by the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leopard_cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, there are some cats that prefer the ground to up high but it is worrisome in a young cat who should be tearing the place up. The screaming when getting picked up is also perfectly normal for some cats but the way he acts after eating isnt. I guess I would still want that checked by the vet.
thank you for your input! we are going to schedule an appointment to check him out

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten sounds a lot like one of mine. He's quite laid back though his easy going personality does worry me that he's not getting much exercise. He doesn't seem to be interested in "kitten things" e.g. toys like my other kitten is either. I think it could just be your kitten's personality, some are more laid back than others. If you're getting concerned though I would settle any worries with the vet.