Small Business Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This is a reminder that November 25, 2023 is Small Business Saturday. 🛍 🛒

Today is Small Business Saturday which I've always supported since it helps small businesses gain exposure and inspires consumers to shop in their own communities during the holidays. While the economy is starting to show signs of recovery, small businesses continue to face challenges of growth due to inflation. They are also trying to catch up from losses during the pandemic which makes it even more important than ever to shop small. So please think of the small businesses in your area and shop locally today regardless of where you live.

ETA: I'll be stopping at the small independent coffee shop I go to for coffee beans and a warm drink - it's just one of the local stores a short drive from my home. And a bread bakery which is owned by two women with the best morning glory muffins I've ever tasted.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One town over from me is having a little revitalization with small businesses. They seem to all support each other by patronizing each others shops and posting about each other on social media. One bakery is typically very slow after Thanksgiving so they were unprepared with their sweets and ran out. Their response was to encourage everyone to patronize like 6 other bakeries, cafes, etc that sell sweets. I really think they have the success they do because they lift even competition up. And it makes me happy to patronize any of them too.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am happy to live in a place that has an active downtown area. Though unfortunately the two larger retail stores have gone out of business, (they still had an art deco look that I loved) we have a number of smaller shops that are thriving. I missed shopping Saturday because I was sleeping it off from work Friday night, but I plan to do some shopping next week. I want to go to a local winery and pick up a bottle of specialty wine for my cousin for Christmas. I would have it shipped to her, but they are already selling out on some of the wine they ship. I think they will still have stock in the store.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a coffee from a small business yesterday, but they gave me some free pictures of us with Santa and Mrs Claus, so I think I got the better end of the deal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm carrying this through to Sunday even though it's Small Business Saturday - homemade scones from a mom & pop store.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have any independent coffee shops anymore, except for one out on the reservation. We do have a lot of diners and restaurants that I go to. I haven't been to the bakery, since I don't like dessert, but I could buy some bagels or bread! We have a deli too. They have cappuccino!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got the wine! DH picked it up. They were out of stock on their best seller. I got a silver medal award winning Christmas wine, which is seasonal and can be served warm with a mulling spice. I cannot imagine. But who knows, her DH is a chef. The wine wasn't expensive, either, though it apparently won out over some pretty expensive wines at the competition. She will get a nutcracker Pez dispenser with it, on account of she loves nutcrackers and I am classy. :lol:

Last edited: