Small amount of blood coming from kittens vulva area

Cassj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I recently adopted a new kitten. She was found on the street, abandoned. She's seeing the vet on Friday (so in 2 days) but I gave her a bath and noticed a small amount of blood that would come of on the towel when I wiped there. It's pinkish red and kinda gooey. Is this a concern? Should I try to get her into the vet before Friday?
Thanks!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I would definitely call the vet as soon as you can and tell them what you're seeing. I'd also snap a picture of any discharge you get on the towel so you can send it to someone at the vet or clinic so they can see more of what they're dealing with. They may want to see her sooner than Friday. Make sure they know an estimated age and that you're dealing with an abandoned baby. Thank you for taking this little one in and caring for her!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't want to alarm you, but she needs the vet ASAP. Do not wait until Friday. See if you can drop her off tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cassj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, yes I brought her in! Vet said it was just due to trauma, she must have hurt herself as she was found under the hood of a truck. She is healthy and doing alot better now :)