Slow Cooker Chili

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to make some chili. I planned on doing it earlier in the week (Monday or Tuesday), but I was too exhausted after work to do the prep to put it on in the morning. Still haven't completely gotten over that flu.

So tonight was the night. It's going to cook all night and then I can freeze it into portions tomorrow. I still have to give my brother his apple sauce, so I'll package up some chili too.

It's not the typical chili. I used some ingredients that I don't usually use. Instead of canned tomatoes I used fresh garden Roma tomatoes. I also put in fresh sprigs of Thyme, and fresh Bay leaves. Plus I usually brown my tomato paste, but didn't bother with this time. Plus I added some liquid smoke.

It smells a bit different than what I'm used to, probably the Thyme and liquid smoke.  But I'm sure it will be yummy. Anything in a slow cooker tastes yummy!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Haven't made chili in a while. I make two kinds, with meat and vegetarian, with lots of chopped mushrooms and bulgur. And I always freeze it in meal-size portions. I think I need to make some chili now.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I love chili and a roast in the crock pot yummy.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The chili turned out great!  I froze 12 cups and left some in the fridge for lunch tomorrow and Tuesday.